An Equal Opportunity Butt-Kicking...

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

An Equal Opportunity Butt-Kicking...

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Just to show I can lose on both sides of this game, here is a new report. Also, shows that AI Grant came be just as stupid as AI Bragg.

Situation:
Me - Black Jack Logan and his trusty Western Yankee Div
Map - The Fabulous Newly Modded Kansas Map, again with Fog Mod engaged :)
Armies - Champion Hill OOB, Full on with all Foot, Guns, Horse, etc.
Type - Hunt Them Down, No Objs.

Started off in Reserve. All 5 other Yankee Divs moved out. Sometimes its fun just to watch what happens. I followed with keen interest Hovey's Div moving off to the left, up the road. He is unsupported. Rebel columns drive down all three roads, catching the Federals bunched up in column. Within some 30 minutes, 4 of 5 engaged Federal Divs are sent reeling back in confusion. Hovey's Div on the left is hit hard by Bowen's Rebels. He is pretty much crushed and sent back hard. Without waiting for orders, I move up the road towards Hovey's failing position. At this time Crocker's Div is starting to, (and ultimately failing), to hold up the triumphant Rebel on the right. Race my batteries forward and commence pouring cannister into Bowen's cheering lads. My infantry arrives, forms up and pours a withering fire into the Rebs. Eventually, this is too much for Bowen's lads and they give ground, grudgingly. I wheel my batteries to face north to commence counter-battery fire on Bowen's Guns. At this point, a courier arrives from my Corps Commander with the usual nonsensical orders and rides off. I now take a look at the map. The Rebels have swept the field behind me and are coming on with a vengeance, pushing the tattered remnants of the Federal Divs before them. Time to withdraw.
Game over.
Again, the fog plays a key role in concealing the enemy from view until they are right on top of you. (Sweet!)

Jack O'Neill B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: An Equal Opportunity Butt-Kicking...

Post by Davinci »

Pictures - Jack - where are the Pictures ?:(

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

D,

I have absolutely no idea how to post them. :(

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Well, nobody knew how to post them at one time, until they learnt how to!

First, do a google search for a program called Irfanview – this is a free download, but you will probably have to go to several sites to locate it!

Next, sign up for a free hosting site – such as Image Shack – but there are other ones out there!

Take a screenshot from within the game, and use the Irfanview Program to view the screenshot.

Resize the screenshot using the Irfanview menu to 800x640 – and save it as a JPG file, and name it something else, such as example1 , this will reduce the file size to an acceptable limit.

Save the new screenshot to the Desktop, this will make it easy to locate, for the uploading process.

Once you have the screenshots on the desktop, you can delete the screenshots from the game.

Log in the Image Shack website – look for the Action Column – locate the Upload Image – Click that – and direct it to the location where you saved the screenshots – which is on the Desktop –

Click the Picture \ Screenshot – watch it start uploading – and it will supply you with several different Link types, depending on what you are doing with the picture.

You, want the type that has to do with the Forums – this will provide you with a Link – which you paste onto your Forum Page – basically, the link is just an address to a picture that is hosted somewhere on the web.

After – you practice this routine several times, you will be more at ease with how this process works, but it does take a little bit of practice to understand it, after that it is really freaking simple.

Always remember that if you do not know how something is done, there are quite a few members on this forum that will point you in the right direction!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!