Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: File Not Found

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Michael ,

A couple of guys are not able to download the 2 mods, error :

"404 Not Found
The resource requested could not be found on this server!"

Maybe the files were removed by the modder....

Chamberlain
Hi Chmaberlain.

Are you able to tell me the names of the mods? I can upload them to the server to fix the download problem.

Your probably right they were removed for downloading by the modder. Allot of the files are linked to this forum, or to the modder personal link.

Thanks for letting me know Chamberlain! :)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

The link in the first post has been fixed. Very interesting to see that this happened...

Thanks again chamberlain.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Here is a Second link as well just in case something accidental happens like me messing around with things I shouldn't! :)

http://www.justallinone.com/index.php?o ... id=5&cid=4
Schmucker Hall
Reactions:

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb

Post by Schmucker Hall »

Been playing the game for almost a year. Haven't posted in a forum since my early days of college a few years back. So, if I'm doing things the wrong way I apologize. I'll get the hang of things again.

I downloaded this OOB mod this morning. Everything installed correctly. Only problem I'm having is an apparent issue with the commander portraits. As an example when I select to use John Bell Hood's division in Sandbox mode there's no portrait of Hood and the brigade commanders all are depicted as General Paul Semmes. This seems to be much the same when I use just about all of the OOB's in this mod.

Is there something I might have done wrong? Is this mod possibly conflicting with anohter mod I might have installed and activated? Could it be that there aren't supposed to be accurate portraits in the mod to begin with? I wasn't sure because I haven't read a post concerning the issue anywhere else in this forum. I can take a screen shot or two if need be.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

First rule out other mods being the issue. De-activate all mods and see if it fixes it, then enable one at a time to find the culprit. If that doesn't fix, it could be they are are out of date, or something else. Then we can dig further.
Schmucker Hall
Reactions:

Post by Schmucker Hall »

I deactivated all of the other mods. Still the same problem. This isn't really a major deal. From what it looks like the portraits are the only problem. Names, rank and such for divisions/brigades all look to be correct. Game is still perfectly playable. Only thing is Every Confederate division/corps commander has the default artillery portrait. Every brigade commander is Gen. Semmes. For the Federals, your division/corps commanders have portrait of Gene. Robinson of I corps. I'm upgraded to version 1.5001 if that helps anything. You guys are obviously way better at this stuff than I am haha. Thanks for any help in advance.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Those OOB's were modified way back when 1.3, or 1.4 patch was released. If I remember correctly when I edited them, I had to add a column to bring it up to date for a particular patch which I think was 1.3 (not too sure though).

@Little Powell: Was the OOB structure changed since 1.4? Reason why I ask for version 1.4 is because the OOB's were working correctly for that version.

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

The OOB structure hasn't been modified. It sounds like what he is seeing is what is intended. Sounds like the OOBs are setup to use generic portraits.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

The OOB structure hasn't been modified. It sounds like what he is seeing is what is intended. Sounds like the OOBs are setup to use generic portraits.
Good to know.

Thanks for the reply Little Powell. :)
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

TC2M didn't display Commander Portraits. So there was no need for a portrait reference on the OOB.

When this OOB, together with others from the TC2M family, was updated for and transferred to SOWG, the conversion program probably either (a) left a blank or (b) put in a default for the portrait. (the best-looking one ??)

I guess it will be a further task for someone to capture and reference portraits for all those earlier commanders.

Same problem of course for the Nap mods. Wellington's and Napoleon's smiling faces are yet to be seen.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"