Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re: Updated TC2M & CMP 3.0 OOB's for SOWgb

Post by JC Edwards »

This is great stuff for sandbox! Thanks for converting it.

Question: What do "FM" and "hA" mean on some of the OOBs? Is there anything else we should know about some variants?
FM = Flag Mod - hA = Half Artillery (meaning that the OOB has half the guns listed in the original OOB).
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

What does the FM do exactly? I have not seen any changes to anything, but perhaps I am blind, there is that consideration. :)
Last edited by Stevedrumsdw on Fri May 06, 2011 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

What does the FM do exactly? I have not seen any changes to anything, but perhaps I am blind, there is that consideration. :)
These are just converted OOBs, no files or graphics included. The FM appears to represent nothing different from the similar OOB, but I could be wrong. The flags called for are the stock SOW flags. Sorry you were mislead, someone needs to clean this mod, looks like a lot of dupe OOBs...but again, I may be wrong.

Welcome, if you want flags, I've got em' :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

These are just converted OOBs, no files or graphics included. The FM appears to represent nothing different from the similar OOB, but I could be wrong. The flags called for are the stock SOW flags. Sorry you were mislead, someone needs to clean this mod, looks like a lot of dupe OOBs...but again, I may be wrong.

I have your flag mod and it is outstanding! Wish I could play it with all the OOBs!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I have your flag mod and it is outstanding! Wish I could play it with all the OOBs!
Glad you enjoy those DRF. :)

With the exception of the State flags, DRF is designed historically for Gettysburg, with the majority being of the Third Bunting issue. Assigning these flags to these OOBs would be colorful, but not historically accurate in most cases. And that's a lot of work for historical inaccuracies.

Maybe some more DRF representing other time periods will come to be, then these OOBs can be addressed historically...Time Will Tell
tiline reb
Reactions:

Post by tiline reb »

I have a question where do you down load the file. I've down loaded several of little powells to the mod folder and they worked great. I have tried this one in several different folders and can't get it to work? Any help would be great. New to all the modding.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I have a question where do you down load the file. I've down loaded several of little powells to the mod folder and they worked great. I have tried this one in several different folders and can't get it to work? Any help would be great. New to all the modding.
http://buglesandflags.com/SOWGB.html

Extract to Mods folder, enable in Modifications...
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Good- that's what I did- I need to try it- the mods are cool- what I was wondering was what to set the options to- normal is hard as hell as CSA in scenerios- but not as hard as mods- then I tried Union side on scenerios and it seemed easier to win as blue- is this true or is 'normal' supposed to be = chances- I had to switch to militia to win as CSA in some scenerios- it's fun to keep it close of course but the mod section battles are not as hard so I go to normal- any feedback on this- thnx :unsure:
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

i just found this. The full oob with jackson at gettysburg has some problems, Ewells infantry division and i believe Early's division dont have the proper commands. column formation puts them in a road column formation, and the regiments never get in column they stay in line but spread out like a skirmish line. there is no double battle line, and when in line of battle they revert to that weird skirmish formation. Sometimes it feels like they are acting like artillery.

Anyone else get this problem? or is it just me as usual ?

Edit: actually it's not the whole divisions, the x division commanders who are now in charge of brigades (H.Heth , D. Pender , and E. Johnston) they are the problem.
Last edited by Beef Stu on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

i just found this. The full oob with jackson at gettysburg has some problems, Ewells infantry division and i believe Early's division dont have the proper commands. column formation puts them in a road column formation, and the regiments never get in column they stay in line but spread out like a skirmish line. there is no double battle line, and when in line of battle they revert to that weird skirmish formation. Sometimes it feels like they are acting like artillery.

Anyone else get this problem? or is it just me as usual ?

Edit: actually it's not the whole divisions, the x division commanders who are now in charge of brigades (H.Heth , D. Pender , and E. Johnston) they are the problem.
This problem is a hold over from the original TC2M OOB version. Locate each of the following Commanders lines in the OOB and remove that line and copy/paste these corrected ones - this should fix your problem ;) :

Maj Gen Ambrose P. Hill,Ambrose_P_Hill,Major Gen Ambrose P. Hill,Jackson's 1st Division,2,1,2,1,0,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Div,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,2,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Brig Gen Henry Heth,Henry_Heth,Brig Gen Henry Heth,Hill's 1st Brigade,2,1,2,1,1,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Brig,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,1,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Brig Gen William D. Pender,William_D_Pender,Brig Gen William D. Pender,Hill's 3rd Brigade,2,1,2,1,3,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Brig,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,2,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Maj Gen Richard S. Ewell,Richard_S_Ewell,Major Gen Richard S. Ewell,Jackson's 3rd Division,2,1,2,3,0,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Div,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,4,2,3,4,1,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

Brig Gen Edward Johnson,Edward_Johnson,Brig Gen Edward Johnson,Ewell's 2nd Division,2,1,2,3,2,0,UGLB_CSA_Inf_Cdr_Brig,(1-0),,0,GFX_CS_National_Regt,,DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_LinewithReserves,1,5,2,3,5,2,3,,,,,,,,5,,7,

regards

The Mad One
Last edited by JC Edwards on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'