Who would you work for?

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
estabu2
Reactions:

Who would you work for?

Post by estabu2 »

This is just a curious question. For those of you creating this wonderful game, besides working for NSD, if you could work for any game company, who would it be?
Last edited by estabu2 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
ironsight
Reactions:

Re:Who would you work for?

Post by ironsight »

I know which one i WOULDN'T work for: Ubisoft!:angry:
Bought this WWII game, Blazing Angels a few years ago when it was first released. None of the joy stick controller set ups worked. And using the keyboard to fly was no help either. The plane could not turn left! The game was basically DOA out of the box.
Their user Forum was just about 100% full of people wanting their money back. No real fixes in sight at the time. From what i recall, they tried to morph successful Xbox software to be PC compatible in such a big hurry they apparently didn't even test it on a PC! So much for their quality control.

And to add insult to injury, that game used Star Force anti-piracy(AP) software which screwed up my optical drives not to mention slowing down my PC. That crappy Russian developed anti-piracy software runs ALL the time in the background whether the game is being played or not. It also uses hidden drivers which was a PITA to wipe off my PC. Ubi had so many complaints regarding this AP software i think they finally discontued its use.
Luckily, i was able to return it for the full $40 refund!:)
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Ubisoft has, what I consider to be, the worst customer service in all of gaming. I have purchased 2 of there games, Haze for PS3 and Far Cry 2 for PC, both games had/have multiplayer connection issues and the only response after 2 weeks is "they are looking into the problem".

They do not communicate very well with their customer base and I think it is starting to take a toll.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Valve or Bethesda, they make the type of games that I play most. Been playing Fallout3 lately and really like it.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

norb wrote:
Valve or Bethesda, they make the type of games that I play most. Been playing Fallout3 lately and really like it.
Are you into the Left 4 Dead style of games at all norb? Both those company's seem to have it together with the way they make games.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I'm not familiar with that game, but I'll keep an eye out for it.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

It's zombie apocalypse(sp?), FPS, 4 player co-op, it is from valve and it comes out on the 18th. It doesn't have a campaign mode, but it has been made for 4 people to play and in order to survive you must work together. If one person goes off guns blazing they are going to get killed.

Here is the opening cinematic, about 5 minutes, it is really good.

http://left4dead411.com/
Last edited by estabu2 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

That sounds very cool! I usually don't play online because I need to work on the game here and I get way too addicted to games. It's also a time thing. I try to focus all my free time on working, but sometimes I need an hour off NOW. So it's easier to just launch Fallout3 (which there is no way I can put down after an hour) than to try an organize an online match with my buds. I even have some perfect buds for it. What is a perfect bud you may ask, it is the perfect bud for all married men. Single, making good cash, which makes them very flexible and ready to party at the drop of a hat, which makes them usually hated by wives :)
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

haha, very true, very true
Vonviper
Reactions:

Post by Vonviper »

if i had a choice it would still be NSD sorry
these guys are the best down to earth good old boys just like me what can i say..

but if NSD wasn't around and i had to choose
probably "Digital Anvil" makers of the game freelancer for microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/default.aspx
the best spacegame i have ever played, very smooth, easy to play and understand
only had 1 patch and that was for serverside mainly
this game looks and feels like your in space but most of all it was way beyond its yrs at least 2001
they pushed it out to quickly could have really made something of it
they never did make a freelancer2 came close but MicroSoft shut it down and now it lies doorment but the modding community is alive and well so it lives on

my second choice "Cornered Rat" makers of the MMO battleGround Europe
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/
talking about reacting out wwii man this game does it very well truely amazing
i payed and played for two yrs
its too real like my first kill was heart pounding its hard to explain its one of those games you just have to see it for your self

Vnvpr
Two turn tables and a micro-phone