Texans Always Drive Them!

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
texasbrigade
Reactions:

Texans Always Drive Them!

Post by texasbrigade »

Hey everyone this is my first AAR so I did a low-scale sandbox battle brigade vs brigade. I was General Robertson in command of the Texas brigade facing a brigade of yanks. Hope you guys like my AAR and enjoy!

General Robertson and his men arrive on the battlefield. All is quiet. The objective is in the distance. The troops are moving into a defensive position. A scout reports yankee flags flying in the distance. The battle has begun.

PLEASE READ THE EXPLANATION AT THE TOP OF EACH PICTURE, NOT THE ONE BELOW.

As I move my troops on to a favorable defensive position on a small ridge with a long fence, I spot yankee flags in the distance. Here, the Texans move into position behind the fence. The Union troops in the distance have just begun moving.

I can't quite make out the destination of the moving enemy brigade, until they file onto a road leading up to the ridge and my position. I am forced to move my line to the left, so that it is completely blocking the road.
Image[/img]

My brigade is deployed along the fence on the ridge, blocking the road. My battle line consists of (from left to right): the 4th Texas, the 3rd Arkansas, and the 1st Texas. In reserve directly behind the 3rd Arkansas the 5th Texas is deployed. My troops open fire on the yanks as they move up the hill.
Image[/img]

On my left flank, men from the 4th Texas open fire. The enemy seem to be extending their line past the left flank of the 4th.
Image[/img]

Here is a more aerial view of the battle, as the Union troops march quickly up the hill to meet my guns. The 5th Texas is still in reserve. I decide to deploy the 5th Texas to the left of the 4th so that My left flank will be covered.
Image[/img]

Men of the 5th Texas run at the double quick to form up on the left flank
Image[/img]

The first regiment of Union troops turns tail and runs. My new line of battle with the 5th Texas on the left:
Image[/img]

The battle rages on. Since the Yanks seemed not to have made a very spirited attack on my right flank, I ordered the first Texas to press the enemy's flank. The Texans of the 1st couldn't contain themselves and charged at the terrified Union soldiers.
Image[/img]

The Rebel yell echoes as the Texans throw themselves upon the yanks with fury.
Image[/img]

Fierce hand-to-hand combat ensues, but the Texans eventually gain the upper-hand.
Image[/img]

Although the Union soldiers of the 145th New York fought bravely, they were no match for the men of the 1st Texas. The men of New York surrendered before their entire regiment would be depleted. Now with the Union's left flank collapsed, I have the enemy pressed on both flanks and right where I want them.
Image[/img]

Then I order the men of the 3rd Arkansas to charge the Union center. The 123rd New York flees in terror of the 3rd Arkansas and the Union center has collapsed. Men on their right flank continue to put up spirited resistance. The casualties continue to rise.
Image[/img]

On my left flank, men of the 4th and 5th Texas are involved in heated firefights with the remaining three or four yankee regiments.
Image[/img]

The 4th Texas then charges the 46th Pennsylvania, the yankee regiment at their front.
Image[/img]

Even with their left flank overturned, the remaining three Union regiments won't budge. A fourth union regiment, who regrouped after initially retreating, press my right flank but are a minor threat and are dealt with by the 1st Texas.
Image[/img]

The 1st Texas charges the regiment pressing from the rear...
Image[/img]

And breaks them.
Image[/img]

The battle is pretty much won, besides some small firefights near the bottom of the hill. The 20th Connecticut is the last Union regiment to hold off my assault before retreating to the opposite ridge.
Image[/img]

Many a good boy – blue and gray, littered the field of battle.
Image[/img]

My order of battle at the end of the engagement: My casualties were 301 men, while the Union casualties were 690 men.
Image[/img]
[/b]
Last edited by texasbrigade on Sun May 01, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
texasbrigade
Reactions:

Re: Texans Always Drive Them!

Post by texasbrigade »

anyone know how to post pictures?
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

Guess the best way is to save a pic to a file host (Mediafile, Photobucket, etc). Those sites give you a
link to put in your post. I dont see any other way to do it.
Last edited by CoB4thTEXAS on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
texasbrigade
Reactions:

Post by texasbrigade »

Would that show up in my post or just the link?
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Would that show up in my post or just the link?
Hey tb.....I use Imageshack.....after you upload your pics/screenies etc... there's a feature where you can share your pics on a web site. You have the option for a full screen pic, or, you can select a click-able thumbnail.
I usually go with the click-able thumbnail route because it takes up less space :)

regards

The Mad One
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
texasbrigade
Reactions:

Post by texasbrigade »

Thanks! I'll have my AAR posted very soon. Hope you enjoy it!
Monty
Reactions:

Post by Monty »

Hurrah for the Texans!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hurrah for the Texans!
And the 3rd Arkansas...;)

Might want to show off your AARs better with higher uniforms opted, either Medium (variety), or Best.

Thanks for sharing, your enthusiasm for displaying your immersion is always welcome. :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Monty
Reactions:

Post by Monty »

Hurrah for the Texans!
And the 3rd Arkansas...;)
Them too. :laugh:
Lieut. General Jake
Reactions:

Post by Lieut. General Jake »

Nice AAR! Makes me proud of Texas. :)
"I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity."- R. E. Lee

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. "- Geo. Washington

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... eburne.jpg[/img]