Scenario 3 "A storm of lead" question

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
charlesonmission
Reactions:

Scenario 3 "A storm of lead" question

Post by charlesonmission »

I have a question on scenario 3 (I think) "A storm of lead". The one where you control Major General Rhodes. I achieved a victory, 3,500 points or so on the historical settings (except i use 700 yard rule on the map setting). I'm curious as to why Major General Heath didn't attack at all. I was just on my way to take the 2nd location near Heath when I ran out of time. It took me too long to get set up, I think. Is there a way to coordinate an attack with Major General Heath?

Charles
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Scenario 3 "A storm of lead" question

Post by Little Powell »

I have a question on scenario 3 (I think) "A storm of lead". The one where you control Major General Rhodes. I achieved a victory, 3,500 points or so on the historical settings (except i use 700 yard rule on the map setting). I'm curious as to why Major General Heath didn't attack at all. I was just on my way to take the 2nd location near Heath when I ran out of time. It took me too long to get set up, I think. Is there a way to coordinate an attack with Major General Heath?

Charles
SPOILER: SHOW
Element UK
Reactions:

Post by Element UK »

"A Storm of Lead and Iron"

This scenario's smacking my rear-end like an Alabama Tick!

Any tips lads? I know I can't attack the right side woods until I have a force pushing their left flank. It seems that I run out of time before the waves of Feds come at me from North of those woods. Am I going to far to the left and waking them up? Weird but my second attempt was better than my 3rd. There's so many Art hassling you...
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

This one is one of my favourites, and a good one for HITS.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

With this particular scenario, IIRC, it's best to concentrate on the Oak Ridge OBJ first, clear the enemy from that, then concentrate of the McPherson's Ridge OBJ.

Don't overwhelm yourself trying to attack both OBJ's at the same time. I believe you can even rack up enough points if you get the Oak Ridge OBJ early enough, without taking the McPherson's Ridge OBJ.
Element UK
Reactions:

Post by Element UK »

Soz but don't know what IIRC means.

I was totally forgetting 'Doles Division' back there on the left rear. I won a victory at last but only by moving guns up to just within 200yrds and using cannister.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Soz but don't know what IIRC means.
It's the lazy way to type "if I recall correctly"
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britfan
Reactions:

Post by Britfan »

I think element may just have a cool sense of humour :-)
Element UK
Reactions:

Post by Element UK »

Well... I often make ppl (soz that's people!) laugh but actually that is the first time I've ever seen that used on any forum.
Gerry
Reactions:

Post by Gerry »

Well this scenario is giving me fits. Learning curve here we come!
o/