Released - Pipe Creek Map Pack

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Released - Pipe Creek Map Pack

Post by born2see »

MarcusC wrote:
Hi--just bought and downloaded the mod, entered the serial key and for some reason the first scenario is getting hung up on the initializing screen. I have the PipeCreek Mod activated in the Mods screen and don't have any of the others on...any idea what might be wrong? Thanks! (I tried a couple of other Pipe Creek scenarios to no avail)
Do you have the 1.3 patch installed? Won't run without it.
Last edited by born2see on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi,
Was this a planned strategic move? The Whole Corps on the Flank?

Greetings
Chris
Yes Sir, one of five Full Variants, kinda like 5 scenarios...and hopefully they'll break you out in a sweat again, and again... :woohoo:
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
MarcusC
Reactions:

Post by MarcusC »

born2see--appreciate the tip, that did the trick!
Last edited by MarcusC on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reisman17
Reactions:

Post by Reisman17 »

Hi All,
Having recently purchased this great game (had the previous 2 TCM games) and again I am finding the love for this game however this is off track. I have a question relating to this Map Pack. I purchased my copy pf the original game from Impulse recently and I need to know if I purchase this pack will it still work with the Impulse version of the game as this Map Pack is not listed or showing available on Impulse's website. I would appreciate anyone answering this question. Thank you.

Reisman17
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Reisman17 wrote:
Having recently purchased this great game (had the previous 2 TCM games) and again I am finding the love for this game however this is off track. I have a question relating to this Map Pack. I purchased my copy pf the original game from Impulse recently and I need to know if I purchase this pack will it still work with the Impulse version of the game as this Map Pack is not listed or showing available on Impulse's website. I would appreciate anyone answering this question. Thank you.
Sure. As long as the game is patched to 1.3

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
bafonetto
Reactions:

Post by bafonetto »

ERROR IN TIME MANAGEMENTIN BATTLESCRIPT of PC04-July3-Geary To The Rescue (U-Div) SR10

I must congratulate for "elegance" of the script Pipe Creek ('m using a translator, I hope that the translation is correct on my thinking). These scenarios are much more demanding than those of Gettysburg. Nice work. Well done.

Now is the failure (which is normal after so many lines of script and testing techniques)
20:00:00 PM,OOB_C_JJPettigrew2,tcofficers

----------> 13:00:00 PM,OOB_C_JJPettigrew2,tcommoff

20:00:01 PM,OOB_C_JKMarshall,detach

I do not think this error is important (the next line it shows the clock at the exact time of the script). But it is important you should create a patch to fix it.

PS: A Legal Question: This expansion is sold as an add-on, so why even put the files in the MOD scenario? It is possible that those who have not purchased to obtain the files and then use it in "user scenarios / MOD." Just curious, not controversy.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, I also informed LP of that error as we were in testing phase. Still, it appears not to mess up anything, just cosmetic. Thanks for the report. With hundreds of lines of scripting, I'm sure there are more lurking, and if they don't mess with playability, they easily get missed.

Regarding the Pipe Creek Mod question, we rely on fan loyalty, for without profit, this game will cease to evolve.
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a goof
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

ERROR IN TIME MANAGEMENTIN BATTLESCRIPT of PC04-July3-Geary To The Rescue (U-Div) SR10

I must congratulate for "elegance" of the script Pipe Creek ('m using a translator, I hope that the translation is correct on my thinking). These scenarios are much more demanding than those of Gettysburg. Nice work. Well done.

Now is the failure (which is normal after so many lines of script and testing techniques)
20:00:00 PM,OOB_C_JJPettigrew2,tcofficers

----------> 13:00:00 PM,OOB_C_JJPettigrew2,tcommoff

20:00:01 PM,OOB_C_JKMarshall,detach

I do not think this error is important (the next line it shows the clock at the exact time of the script). But it is important you should create a patch to fix it.

PS: A Legal Question: This expansion is sold as an add-on, so why even put the files in the MOD scenario? It is possible that those who have not purchased to obtain the files and then use it in "user scenarios / MOD." Just curious, not controversy.
hehe.. You definitely keep us on our toes bafonetto. Not a major error of course, but an error none the less. Thanks for reporting it.

Yes they can obtain the SR1 Mod but the files are useless without purchasing the map pack.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bafonetto
Reactions:

Post by bafonetto »

Thanks for your quick responses. I thought I had a similar response. The trick is in the files [. Sow]. It seemed strange that you had thought about the "protection" of the mod. Ok, Thanks and a thousand of these jobs. Goodnight from Italy (... I must conquer a hill, he he).
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Thanks for your quick responses. I thought I had a similar response. The trick is in the files [. Sow]. It seemed strange that you had thought about the "protection" of the mod. Ok, Thanks and a thousand of these jobs. Goodnight from Italy (... I must conquer a hill, he he).
No problem. Also just to note, the SOW file has it's own protection (it does lots of validation).