Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah that installer is buggy because it doesn't take into account all the different ways the game is installed (Matrix, non-Matrix, etc.).

I'm going to update it to just a zip file that players can just extract to mods. I'm unable to access the FTP server right now so I'll get to it later.

Chances are the Bonus Scenarios are installed on your machine, but in the wrong location. As long as you have a Bonus Scenarios folder in your Mods folder, and inside Bonus Scenarios it has a OOBs and Scenarios folder, plus the intro.txt, it will work.
Kesto11
Reactions:

Post by Kesto11 »

I think I may know the problem for some: the install puts the Bonus Scenario folder under NorbSoftware>Gettysburg>Mods instead of Matrix Games>Gettysburg>Mods. All of the scenarios show up now that I moved the folder under Matrix Mods. Hopefully this helps.
ird1968
Reactions:

Post by ird1968 »

Thanks. I will have a go tomorrow
ird1968
Reactions:

Post by ird1968 »

I think I may know the problem for some: the install puts the Bonus Scenario folder under NorbSoftware>Gettysburg>Mods instead of Matrix Games>Gettysburg>Mods. All of the scenarios show up now that I moved the folder under Matrix Mods. Hopefully this helps.
I think you're right. It is under Norbsoft not matrix. Thanks. I couldn't understand what was wrong because I'd checked it was under mods. Didn't think to check that

.... Just tried it and that was indeed the issue. Many thanks to everybody for the advice
Last edited by ird1968 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Kesto11
Reactions:

Post by Kesto11 »

Glad to see that worked for you! I've had similar issues with other mods like GCM where the installation of the files differs slightly from machine to machine. Thankfully, everyone from the design team, staff, and regular members are active on the forums and very helpful. One thing I especially appreciate is the patience and courtesy everyone on here shows. Just wanted to take a minute and show my appreciation for you all :)
dcm
Reactions:

Post by dcm »

So I am having the same problem as ird1968 after an install on a new computer. Bonus scenarios show up on the left under Modifications but there is nothing on the right other than the intro saying there are 20 scenarios. My pathway is Matrix Games folder > SOWGB folder > Mods folder > Bonus Scenarios folder. Inside Bonus Scenarios folder are Graphics, OOBs, Scenarios and intro. All 20 scenarios are in the Scenarios folder but none show up in the game.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

So I am having the same problem as ird1968 after an install on a new computer. Bonus scenarios show up on the left under Modifications but there is nothing on the right other than the intro saying there are 20 scenarios. My pathway is Matrix Games folder > SOWGB folder > Mods folder > Bonus Scenarios folder. Inside Bonus Scenarios folder are Graphics, OOBs, Scenarios and intro. All 20 scenarios are in the Scenarios folder but none show up in the game.
Is it selected...Yellow box appears to its left?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
dcm
Reactions:

Post by dcm »

Yes. Just found them under User Scenarios. How did that happen?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yes. Just found them under User Scenarios. How did that happen?
All scenarios in mods appear in User Scenarios. You're obviously just entering the SOW ModWorld...Welcome! :) Many new conquests await...
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...