Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Post by Little Powell »

Scourge Of War Gettysburg: Bonus Scenarios
Version 2.0
Scenario Authors: Mark Tewes and Matt A. Clyburn "Little Powell"

Here are 20 scenarios covering parts of the Battle of Gettysburg that were not covered in the stock game.

These are mostly larger scale battles including army level battles for Day 1. They also covers Pender's assault on the first day, Anderson's echelon assault on the 2nd day, a Porter Alexander Pickett's Charge scenario, and much more.

Download Link for installer

Updates for version 2:

These additional five scenarios were requested by the community.

GBB16-July1-The Iron Brigade's Stand (U-Brig) - Taking place at 4PM on Day 1, this scenario depicts the continued fight for Herbst Woods by the Iron Brigade.

GBB17-July2-The Reserves (U-Div) - This scenario depicts the action by Crawford's Reserve Division in "The Valley of Death" on Day 2.

GBB18-July2-de Trobriand at The Corner (U-Brig)
- This scenario depicts the action by de Trobriands brigade in The Wheatfield on Day 2.

GBB19-July2-Longstreet around the Right (C-Corps) - This is a "what if" scenario depicting an attack by Longstreet's Corps around the far right of the Union line on Day 2.

GBB20-July3-Let The Batteries Open (C-Art Corps) - This scenario gives you command of all of the Confederate artillery for Pickett's Charge. It is up to you to decide when the charge is to be made.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Re: Bonus Scenarios Pack

Post by Damned Black Hat »

Awesome, quite the unexpected surprise! I will most certainly enjoy these.

Any chance the Pennsylvania Reserves will get some love in future scenarios? They seem to be absent other than the Sandbox.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Awesome, quite the unexpected surprise! I will most certainly enjoy these.

Any chance the Pennsylvania Reserves will get some love in future scenarios? They seem to be absent other than the Sandbox.
Are you looking for any particular engagement they were involved in? Crawford's counter attack on the afternoon of the 2nd, or their reconnaissance in force on the 3rd?
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Crawford's counter-attack would be fun to play for sure. It's a very over-looked part of the battle and was just as critical to saving the Union left as Chamberlain was.

If you would like I would gladly help contribute with research to make it as authentic as possible.
Last edited by Damned Black Hat on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Crawford's counter-attack would be fun to play for sure. It's a very over-looked part of the battle and was just as critical to saving the Union left as Chamberlain was.

If you would like I would gladly help contribute with research to make it as authentic as possible.
What I might do is periodically update the Bonus Scenarios installer with new scenarios. This does sound like it could be a pretty cool scenario. It pretty much follows after the last scenario in my Kershaw Carryover pack (except you would control Crawford).

We've been very busy lately and plan to be for a while, so finding the time is the only issue. But if I can find the time, I'll do it.. And I'll let you know if I need any research help. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

What I might do is periodically update the Bonus Scenarios installer with new scenarios. This does sound like it could be a pretty cool scenario. It pretty much follows after the last scenario in my Kershaw Carryover pack (except you would control Crawford).

We've been very busy lately and plan to be for a while, so finding the time is the only issue. But if I can find the time, I'll do it.. And I'll let you know if I need any research help. :)
Awesome, can't wait to see how this turns out! :D
Bull
Reactions:

Post by Bull »

Little Powell:

Thanks for the hard work you obviously put into these scenarios. So far I've done the Oak Hill one. I happen to be reading David G. Martin's "Gettysburg July 1," and just finished reading about that very fight. Thanks again.
Petrus58
Reactions:

Post by Petrus58 »

Just wanted to express my thanks for this as well - so much to play and so little time!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

The pleasure is mine fellas. Mark Tewes did most of these Bonus scenarios though. He's had them designed for a while but we were waiting for the right time to release them. I just did a few revisions on them (scores etc.) and also contributed two of the scenarios.

Bull - Glad to hear the scenarios have lead to you reading up on the battle. I always consider it mission accomplished when we are able to help tell the story of the brave Americans (on both sides) that consecrated that ground.

Glad you are all enjoying them!
Last edited by Little Powell on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burymeonthefield
Reactions:

Post by burymeonthefield »

Thanks for the new scenarios.

The Anderson scenario is unbelievably difficult. Also, having to change the detached units to attached units is frustrating. I had to suspend the arty mod as I was blown apart by artillery before reaching the road. Whenever I finally take a position, several brigades appear to drive me back. My best score is 56 on level two. Since, Malone's brigade was missing I added it in but with no change in results.

I have noted that as I am thrown from the position that McLaws men attack on the enemies left flank and eventually drives the enemy from the field. The game is lost, but victory is won.

I needed the Anderson scenario to make scenes from my book. As my health is declining I have a limited time to finish. The scenario is one of the last pieces I needed.

Thank you for giving me so many hours of enjoyment with the scenarios you have produced!

Burymeonthefield