Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
budd
Reactions:

Re: Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Post by budd »

These scenarios didn't show up in the user scenario section after running the installer and installing to the mod folder and enabling the mod. I had to create another folder and put the scenario folder from the install into the new folder i created and they showed up fine after that. Just in case someone else has them not show up after installing. Thanks for the scenarios.
Last edited by budd on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
conjotter
Reactions:

Question for Little Powell about Gettysburg Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Post by conjotter »

Hi Little Powell.

I've been enjoying the bonus Gettysburg scenarios. Excellent work!

Question about "The Reserves" scenario.

The order of battle for Crawford shows he has two full brigades of infantry and three artillery batteries. But when I played it he had just one full brigade of infantry and one regiment from the other, and only one battery was available. Is this correct?

After fighting to a draw I fired up the game again and noticed four regiments from one of the union brigades away from the battle area on the extreme left of the union line. Are this meant to be part of the scenario?

Regards, CJ.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

The extra artillery may be a typ-o (you are only supposed to have one battery), but as far as the regiments on the far left, that is correct. They were detached to cover the extreme left of the line, and I believe it says so in the intro or initial courier message.
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Thanks for your response.

So technically I could still order these 4 regiments on the union left flank to the battle area (it would take them time to get there).

It is a fine scenario - a real nail-biter.

When playing a scenario like this would courier messages to nearby units ((VI Corps) asking for support actually work, or is the battle meant to be fought with just the units at hand?

Regards, CJ.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yes, those regiments are your troops, so you can do with them as you wish... But just be careful if you do that.. ;)

I have never gotten AI units to respond to calls for support, but some have claimed it does work sometimes..
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, I needed to ask, In the Let the Batteries Open scene- what is the real challenge there? I get my guns firing and then what? Can you switch to infantry for the assault?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

It's an artillery scenario. You control all of the artillery for Picketts Charge. You position your guns where you feel they will do the most damage and then sit back and watch the fireworks show. And just like it happened historically, when you feel they have done enough damage, you order the infantry to make the charge by activating an objective.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, roger that.
ird1968
Reactions:

Post by ird1968 »

Hi,
I've tried to use the installer to download the brigade entry level scenarios and bonus scenarios. They both show in the mod folder but when I try to play the game they do not show up under the mods menu?? Can anyone suggest anything. I've tried deleting and re downloading
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

After running the installer (I have no clue why) create a new folder, name it Bonus Scenarios, open the original folder and move all inside into you new folder. Delete the original folder.

Then just go to Modifications in the game menu, and double click the Bonus Scenarios until the gold bar shows on the left side of it, click the check mark lower right. And IIRC, they show up under the user scenario section.

Give that a try. Been a while since I downloaded them myself. If my suggestion does not work, I will move my old ones out and re-download the files and figure out what I did to get them to work for you.