Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Bonus Scenarios Pack

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah about the detached brigades; I know that can be a pain. That was always one of Marks methods to add a little more challenge to some of the scenarios and to simulate an un-organized attack that happened historically. No offense to mark but I personally have never been a fan of it. I'll see about removing those detach commands in the next update.

Glad you're enjoying the scenarios. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

kick him in the shins and do it anyway! :lol:
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah about the detached brigades; I know that can be a pain. That was always one of Marks methods to add a little more challenge to some of the scenarios and to simulate an un-organized attack that happened historically. No offense to mark but I personally have never been a fan of it. I'll see about removing those detach commands in the next update.

Glad you're enjoying the scenarios. :)
This is one of the reasons I submitted for a command feature, and got...Aattach. It is on my toolbar mod and of course, may be placed on your keyboard. Besides countering scenario designer hurtles, it's also handy for attaching captured guns.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
kssgt
Reactions:

Post by kssgt »

I take it having just purchased the game - version 1.3 I think - that these 15 scenerios are in my game ?

It would be helpful to know what add ons or mods (?) are available for this game and how to load them.
So much information is scattered throughout the Forum it would be nice to have a section on what is available for the game that is not already a part of it and how to access it.

Thanks
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?op ... Itemid=124

Not sure why you assumed they were included in the new release. Read the first post here.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
kssgt
Reactions:

Post by kssgt »

I know - us newbees suck but unless I spend all day reading 3 month old posts and trying to figure out what version of what to add to what and how to access it within the game that doesnt leave much time for playing. Some day I'll be as knowledgeable as you. Thanks for the list tho.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

kssgt wrote:
I know - us newbees suck but unless I spend all day reading 3 month old posts and trying to figure out what version of what to add to what and how to access it within the game that doesnt leave much time for playing. Some day I'll be as knowledgeable as you. Thanks for the list tho.
Forgive me. I was a little grumpy last night. You're right about the confusion. It's the nature of the board and we all go through it. I would suggest you make use of the search function when possible. It can save you a lot of time and helps keep down the number of redundant topics.

Hats off to LP for taking the time to try and consolidate the mod list. It's not like he doesn't have enough to do already.

B
Last edited by born2see on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I try to keep everything organized and as easily accessible as possible, but I know that it still can be confusing for new players.

Just keep in mind, all add-ons will either be on the Modifications Forum:

Note the pinned "Released Mods Threads" topic at the top.

Or the Official Add-ons Forum:

Note the pinned threads at the top for the Bonus Scenarios and Brigade Pack.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Post by Little Powell »

See original post for version 2. The additional five scenarios were requested earlier this year (or was it last year?). They were supposed to be released along with the new CD version of the game, but when we teamed up with Matrix, they released their own CD version. So here they are. Hope you enjoy. :)
conjotter
Reactions:

Re: Bonus Scenarios - Version 2

Post by conjotter »

Hi.

Thanks to the newbie who posted the question about this bonus Gettysburg mod. I wasn't aware of it until now and I look forward to playing these Gettysburg scenarios.

With all the new folks showing up on the board after buying the games because of the publishing deal, I think it would be a good idea for us to be friendly first before "Going Grognard."

The more the merrier, and what may be a dumb question to a veteran player is likely a valid query to someone else who is new to these wonderful games.

Regards, CJ.