MP

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
rclark14
Reactions:

Re: MP

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, I will give it a try. I got on teamspeak and clicked on the gametracker and downloaded gametracker lite- then it screwed up my computer and I had to do a system restore to get rid of it- what a pest- so what is safe- teamspeak download and GCM? and then log into teamspeak and join- how do you join in the main lobby- I am not sure what name to use- still confused :blink:
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

You don't want gametracker or anything else but the small file that is the TeamSpeak client. GCM comes from Garnier's website and is also a small file.

The "Main Lobby" is in game, where you would normally click Single Player, you click Multiplayer, pick a name and password, and that puts you into the lobby, where we launch the games.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Once you download teamspeak, you can join the server we use by clicking the "join this server" button on the bottom right of Garnier's home page:

http://www.sow.philipmcg.com/c/platte/p ... =view_home
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

where it says join this server- you don't need gametracker right- it screws up my computer
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Correct, you do not need gametracker -- whatever that is.
Turbotay
Reactions:

Post by Turbotay »

Gametracker is the program Garnier uses on his website that shows who's currently online on the teamspeak server...

I could see how downloading that and trying to run it could cause problems...
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, I am trying to clear some things up- to play multiplayer you do not nedd teamspeak and Gcm platte- do yoy- you can just go in SOW lobby- correct? Anyways, I just downloaded GCM and teamspeak- I should be able to fiqure things out any feedback please? to play multi do you need to check off GCM mod? :blink:
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Hi, I am trying to clear some things up- to play multiplayer you do not nedd teamspeak and Gcm platte- do yoy- you can just go in SOW lobby- correct? Anyways, I just downloaded GCM and teamspeak- I should be able to fiqure things out any feedback please? to play multi do you need to check off GCM mod? :blink:
It's very simple actually, I was up and running in minutes last night. Just download the launcher, install, then join the teamspeak server. There will be lots of folks there who can guide you through the rest.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

no prob thanks- I am learning rapidly- the gametrackerlite screwed me up last time- see you :woohoo: ;)
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

Can't wait to battle with you rclark. See you tonight hopefully :cheer:
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863