Gettysburg Scenario requests?

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Gettysburg Scenario requests?

Post by Little Powell »

Hi, Jack was hung up on the barrage mod- could use some help getting it done- carry on :side:
Yeah, he was trying to play it in SB when he should be making a new scenario. I'll have to check but there might be limits in SB. For a scenario, it should be pretty easy to create since the Pickett's Charge Scenarios are already there. All you'd have to do is make Alexander the Artillery Corps commander instead of Walton.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

So far I've got 4 and I need one more to make the Bonus Scenarios an even 20.

I don't want to make an Alexander scenario if Jack is, but I think he's trying to get it to work in Sandbox.

I was thinking of maybe starting an Alexander scenario the morning of July 3rd when he is ordered to setup the artillery for Pickett's Charge. It'll be up to the player to find the best positions for his guns by 3PM for the charge.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

sounds killer idea- ;) looking forward to it comrade
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Lee did order Ewell from his position on day 1 to move to the south (right flank). Ewell sent lee word that he could attack the next day and achieve something. Lee allowed Ewell to stay north of Getty and we know the rest of Ewell's disastrous story.

The scenario request would be that Ewell did move Johnson's division south and was available for Longstreet to use in his attack. The 6th corp probably would have gotten more involved in the fight. It is interesting because Longstreet may have attacked sooner with Johnson's division on hand.

Just an idea.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

LP,

PLease do the Scenario for Alexander's Barrage. I have worked tirelessly to get all the guns under one command, but the only real way to do it is to eliminate all the Infantry and Cavalry from the Rebel side in a Sandbox OOB. There must be a limit on how many units can be in a "Corps" of any type, and I can't get around it.

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

LP,

PLease do the Scenario for Alexander's Barrage. I have worked tirelessly to get all the guns under one command, but the only real way to do it is to eliminate all the Infantry and Cavalry from the Rebel side in a Sandbox OOB. There must be a limit on how many units can be in a "Corps" of any type, and I can't get around it.

Jack
Yep, already started working on the scenario. It's going to be slightly ahistoric since Alexander actually spent the entire night of July 2nd organizing the artillery. Instead I'll probably start the scenario at 1:30 and give the player a half hour or so (final time allotment TBD after testing). It takes a lot less time for a virtual general to organize artillery then it did a real one. Or it might be cool to figure out a way for the player to kick off the charge by moving to an objective or something and informing Longstreet that the artillery is ready to go. :)

About that Sandbox OOB, you might want to attach what you have and I'll take a look. IIRC there shouldn't be a limit in Sandbox (thought it was removed in the last patch). If there's a bug there I'll report it.
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
f1simracer
Reactions:

Post by f1simracer »

How about Lee's falling back to the Cashtown position.
Or following Longstreet's advice and moving to a position around the south side of the Federal line.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

How about Lee's falling back to the Cashtown position.
Or following Longstreet's advice and moving to a position around the south side of the Federal line.
The Longstreet around the Union left will be there. I've done some testing on it and it's turning out to be a very interesting/fun scenario. :)

The Cashtown position scenario isn't possible because Cashtown isn't represented on our maps.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, sounds great- they were saying on the History show that they do not understand why the CSA did not give converging fire on Meade's line prior to Picket's charge- thus would have prevented over firing- this was/is a mystery- I am sure the guns did plenty of damage but not near enough- there was over firing :unsure: However, it was a great moment in history to be sure.
Chris Mengersen
Reactions:

Post by Chris Mengersen »

Hi Guys,
I would suggest a What-If-Scenario dealing with the Question "What would have happende, if Ewell had taken Culps Hill on July 1st".

July 1st: Union ist driven back, Culps Hill is taken (est. Casualties: CS: 8.000 US: 12.000)

July 2nd: Lee masses forces: Hill`s Corps assembles and refreshes in the Center, Longstreet attacks on the right and inflicts serious damage on the Union lines, but is held back (as it happened in Real Life). Union right tries to retake Culps Hill using Howard`s and Slocum`s Corps` and big parts of Hancocks command (because the confederate center keeps silent), but is pushed back to Cemetery Hill. (est. Casualties: CS: 7.000 US: 15.000)

July 3rd: Pickett arrives and is placed on the far right, Longstreet renews the attacks, strenghened by the fresh division. Ewell charges Cemetery Hill from the flank and back, and Hills whole Corps strikes the weakened center.

Player is given control to the Union army (or smaller detachments on the several areas) and has to withstand Lee`s final charge.

I hope my idea is understandable and not too unrealistic, and i hope aswell that my English is good enough^^

Greetings from Germany

Chris