Gettysburg Scenario requests?

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Gettysburg Scenario requests?

Post by Little Powell »

Since Pipe Creek is almost finished, as promised I'll be working to add a few more scenarios to the Bonus Scenarios pack. If you can think of an engagement that is not covered in the Historical Scenarios, Bonus Scenarios, or Brigade Scenarios, you can request it here. I'll accept historic engagements or What If's. Here are two that have already been requested:

Crawford's counter attack near the Round Top's on day 2
The Iron Brigade's stand in Herbst Woods and their retreat into town on day 1
Last edited by Little Powell on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Gettysburg Scenario requests?

Post by Jack ONeill »

LP,

Don't know if this has been covered or requested before. How about the First Day in total, with all units on both sides arriving as per historical timing. The exception would be having Buford's cavalry, (spelled C-A-V-A-L-R-Y, not Calvary, as I have seen here lately), in position at first combat on July 1st. Also, possibly, set it up like Pickett's Assault, where you can chose any commander you want - Corps, Division, etc. Could be cool, eh?

Jack
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

If possible maybe some more detail on the battle in the wheatfield?
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

LP,

Don't know if this has been covered or requested before. How about the First Day in total, with all units on both sides arriving as per historical timing. The exception would be having Buford's cavalry, (spelled C-A-V-A-L-R-Y, not Calvary, as I have seen here lately), in position at first combat on July 1st. Also, possibly, set it up like Pickett's Assault, where you can chose any commander you want - Corps, Division, etc. Could be cool, eh?

Jack
As for your first request, good idea. I'll definitely consider it. That would be a beast to make but not too bad. It would basically be combining the scripting from some of the first scenarios.

Second request, that scenario already exists. You should already have the NSD Sample 1 Mod. It has Pickett's Charge where you can choose any commander on the field before starting the scenario.
The Wheatfield battle is covered in detail in my Kershaw Carryover series, at least for the Confederate side. I could make a Union scenario or two where you are defending the Wheatfield before the Confederates attacked it, up until Caldwell attacks. How would like that?
f1simracer
Reactions:

Post by f1simracer »

How about Lee's falling back to the Cashtown position.
Or following Longstreet's advice and moving to a position around the south side of the Federal line.
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Post by Damned Black Hat »

LP,

Jack
As for your first request, good idea. I'll definitely consider it. That would be a beast to make but not too bad. It would basically be combining the scripting from some of the first scenarios.

Second request, that scenario already exists. You should already have the NSD Sample 1 Mod. It has Pickett's Charge where you can choose any commander on the field before starting the scenario.
I think he means having it set up like the Pickett's Charge scenario, where you could choose any unit at any level for the scenario.

Any chance of a scenario that would allow us to attack the Railroad Cut? I know you can have similar encounters if the AI is willing on some of the scenarios, but it'd be neat to have a scenario scripted as to where you will have to attack and take the cut from Davis' men.
Last edited by Damned Black Hat on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

I second this. Perhaps DeTrobiand's brigade? They were right in the thick of it.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day (Corps-USA)
GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day (Corps-CSA)
GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day CSA USA
GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day-VP CSA USA

http://buglesandflags.com/SOWGB.html
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

LP,

Also, possibly, set it up like Pickett's Assault, where you can chose any commander you want - Corps, Division, etc. Could be cool, eh?

Jack
GB-DRF-July3-Pickett's Charge (Corps-USA)
GB-DRF-July3-Pickett's Charge CSA USA

http://buglesandflags.com/SOWGB.html
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I second this. Perhaps DeTrobiand's brigade? They were right in the thick of it.
Definitely.

Great ideas guys. Keep em comin.