BloodBath VI

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Re: BloodBath IV

Post by Gudadantza »

Anyone want to see a bloodbath..just play Shogun2 and it's newish Blood mod. Limb and heads go flying and if you zoom in max the screen gets splashed lol. You should see Sword Cav hunting down Fleeing foes .
I can only play Shogun 2 once at day because the loading times are so long that the night comes.

:P

I have not tried Shogun´s blood DLC but I have seen images. A bit exaggerate effect perhaps?

Greetings
Last edited by Gudadantza on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Here is a video introducing the Bloodbath_IV with Rebel Browns mod. It's the least I can do for you guys, and I have a few subscribers to my channel so maybe I can scrape up a few sales along the way.

Are you ready for it? mumble mumble I can't hear you, ARE YOU READY FOR IT? YES SIR!!! Okay that's better... :ohmy: :dry: :huh: :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmmCvsX ... detailpage

It's difficult to do videos for mods that have no changes in graphics. Graphics yes, Sounds Yes, Scenario's NOPE!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

As a 1st Degree Member of the Cult of BloodBath IV I would like to humbly add my love of this mod and to give this story:

I was playing a sandbox game to take a break from my research (on the 4th Miss Inf) and as the Yankee line was moving forward one of our supporting artillery fired...at that moment a Yankees head exploded. Perfect timing. My jaw dropped and I felt like I was right there on the field for a moment. I wish I had a screen shot or a movie of it as I will likely never see it again and my written description simply cannot do the scene (or mod) justice.
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

We rarely reflect just how much blood ends up on the living.

Perhaps, one day, for real reality BLOODBATH will allow the surrounding survivors like 4thMiss to appear spattered with the blood and other bits of the victims. Always said the uniforms stayed much too clean.

Though on reflection a whole new set of gory sprites for everybody and his dog will probably push the memory just a bit to far. And as for AI having to remember just who is clean and who is dirty .......ouch.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

We rarely reflect just how much blood ends up on the living.

Perhaps, one day, for real reality BLOODBATH will allow the surrounding survivors like 4thMiss to appear spattered with the blood and other bits of the victims. Always said the uniforms stayed much too clean.

Though on reflection a whole new set of gory sprites for everybody and his dog will probably push the memory just a bit to far. And as for AI having to remember just who is clean and who is dirty .......ouch.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
Dream on Geoff, but a dead on idea for immersion...real war

Swapping out sprites bloodied by a 'Blown to Bits' comrade probably won't happen technologically speaking in our, us old farts, lifetimes. Or, at least with this type game, tens of thousands of troops represented.

Still, BloodBath rules with SOW for now, I dare anyone to come up and design something better representative of war's gore. And if they can, the bloody throne will indeed be their's, and I will bow with respect to that 'War is Indeed Hell' accomplishment.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Bump...

1.5 compatible

Theme: This isn't a wimpy Blood mod, it's a Friggin' BloodBath...heh heh heh :evil:
ZapDent
Reactions:

Post by ZapDent »

Ok this might be just my noobnes but here goes. How do you get this mod to work in campaing/tutorial battles... Or is this even possible?? Works fine in sandbox battles... And its awesome and disgusting all at the same time :laugh:
"It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Ok this might be just my noobnes but here goes. How do you get this mod to work in campaing/tutorial battles... Or is this even possible?? Works fine in sandbox battles... And its awesome and disgusting all at the same time :laugh:
Mods cannot be played with stock Gettysburg scenarios. However, the scenarios can be renamed for this purpose. The following mod serves this purpose quite well except carryover scenarios are eliminated:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3187632

And its awesome and disgusting all at the same time :woohoo: :evil:
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I've downloaded the folder, and copied the folder "Latest Historical Scenarios 1.4" into the Mod game folder, but the mod doesn't show up in the mod list in-game.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I've downloaded the folder, and copied the folder "Latest Historical Scenarios 1.4" into the Mod game folder, but the mod doesn't show up in the mod list in-game.
I see the prob right off--Mod names can't have periods (.) Delete the period in 1.4 and you should be good to go.

For future downloads of this GB stock scenarios mod, this issue has been fixed...RENAMED.
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.