Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic Wars mod

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hi,

Those are some impressive pics, that do make the sprites really life-like, well done. With that you can almost picture the lines marching around the battle field.

Good to know the Antietam map works with this, I dont mess with any of the map files so it should work with all maps which is cool. There are a few extra units in this update but no new army im afraid purely because it would take some time to create the new units and textures, so i plan to add that on as a patch. No scenarios yet either, but getting there. I can create the scenarios fine but im still learning how to use the battle script commands to get the create AI behaviour, its all a bit sandbox at the moment.

I've added the following new units:
Austria
Archduke Charles Legion - they have a correct uniform now
Cuirassier
Hussars green/red - can be used for any hussars using this colour scheme

France
Cuirassier
Old Guard - no French army is complete without the guard!

Bavaria
Dragoons
Chevauleger
Artillery - foot atrillery now have thier own uniform
Mounted officers and generals

There are new game screens and new map icons. There is some ACW stuff left like the end game screens, ill get through the screens when i can. Download will be 172MB, i dont have a ftp so it will mediafire for now.
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi,

Those are some impressive pics, that do make the sprites really life-like, well done. With that you can almost picture the lines marching around the battle field.

Good to know the Antietam map works with this, I dont mess with any of the map files so it should work with all maps which is cool. There are a few extra units in this update but no new army im afraid purely because it would take some time to create the new units and textures, so i plan to add that on as a patch. No scenarios yet either, but getting there. I can create the scenarios fine but im still learning how to use the battle script commands to get the create AI behaviour, its all a bit sandbox at the moment.

I've added the following new units:
Austria
Archduke Charles Legion - they have a correct uniform now
Cuirassier

France
Cuirassier
Old Guard - no French army is complete without the guard!

Bavaria
Dragoons
Chevauleger
Artillery - foot atrillery now have thier own uniform
Mounted officers and generals

There are new game screens and new map icons. There is some ACW stuff left like the end game screens, ill get through the screens when i can. Download will be 172MB, i dont have a ftp so it will mediafire for now.
Did you want me to give you a free unlimited FTP account gusnhip? If it's yes I can have it up in 2 minutes. If no okee dokee.

:)
wde348
Reactions:

Post by wde348 »

Greetings:

Thanks for this link. Into which folder should the file be placed?

Great stuff y'all!

wde348
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Greetings:

Thanks for this link. Into which folder should the file be placed?

Great stuff y'all!

wde348
Unzip it into <drive letter>:\NorbSoftDev\Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Mods folder.

Haigg
Reactions:

Post by Haigg »

Hi Michael,

No problem. I leaped to the conclusion that those were in-game images-my bad. See below Kieth Rocco's response to my email about the images.
Hello Lee,
Thank you for writing and I'm happy to read that you are still enjoying your copy of On Campaign.
I found on the blog two images from the game; very nice. I'd have to agree with one of the writers that they really do look like a photo of miniatures, the clarity being so good! Amazing stuff.
Best wishes,
Keith
I think it would be awesome if Mr. Rocco would put a link to Norbsoft on this website but I do not know the guy personally, I am just a customer. Not to mention that that would be getting a little too deep into other peoples business. I just think it is cool to have synergy between end-users, historians, artists, modders, and software developers.

In case anyone is not familiar with Mr. Rocco's art, I have put a link to his website below.

Regards,

Haigg
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

damn!what a shame they're not ingame,that would have been spectacular. cheers
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

damn!what a shame they're not ingame,that would have been spectacular. cheers
All this is really is a filter. I'm looking for some sort of program that would run in the background, and just run all the game graphics through that filter to make it appear that you are playing with tabletop graphics...so far no luck anywhere in finding it.

There has to be something somewhere, I can't be the only one who has thought of this. :woohoo:

I won't stop until I find something, I'll be damned if I can't do this, and I sure don't like being told NO it can't be done.

I mean if there are filters out there to run games in 3D, hell why not this...

Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I wanted to reach into the screen and pick up the artillery train.
While looking at the shot I was expecting the hand of the "Friendly Giant" start moving the pieces around.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I thought Gnuship24 was going to release the mod...waiting patiently... :)