Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic Wars mod

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

No problem. :)
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

I am really enjoying the battles! I completely destroyed the vanguard of the austrian army on the alpine map by trapping them with Prince royals division and cutting them up with combined arms attack of two brigades of infantry and 2 brigades of cavalry cutting up the retreating men. I must say I enjoyed seeing Captain Reigners arty battery sending solid shot into cavalry and routing them! The squares are pretty cool to look at and effective it seems when they are in supporting range of each other. Alone they seem to be able to fire but the cavalry won many of the combats when my squares charged for some reason when the cavalry got close. This was after I was surprised on my flank by the main austrian corps! Still held them off with Deroy division and more than 36 cannon massed battery B)

LN
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

LN,

Yes, the new Brigade Squares formation is awsome now as they move into support range of each other (Thank You MTG and Gunship). I figured they would be able to hold off charging Cav with the mutually supporting fire they can now offer. Sweet!

The Squares Charging aspect is a very minor glitch we can't change.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Glad to see its working fine. I think the new 1.4 patch added a lot of realism for retreating and rallying, units seem no longer to duke it out then either route or retreat a mile away, rather now they fallback, rally and go again which looks better and suits this era.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Yes, I agree.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Haigg
Reactions:

Post by Haigg »

Hi Gunship,

Thanks again for the mod. It works great although I have only played one division level game on the Alpine map so far.

So what is up next? Remember we end-users are like Tyranids from the Warhammer 40K universe. We are inexhaustible consumers and never sated... :lol:

Good luck on your next endeavor whatever it may be.

Regards,

Haigg
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Ty Haigg,

Im still working on little bits here and there.

Update: Dont install the new beta patch 1.4005 yet. If fixes the bouncy sprite look but sinks some of the units into the ground. Just seeing what the error is at the moment.
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

AHA!

Davinci and I were right. It is a combination of graphica AND the patch. Good to know. Thanks, Gunship.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Does anyone know the status of making this mod MP compatible, or even if its possible?

Thanks.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hi, I would love this to be MP, and I hope norb relaxes the criteria. At the moment it isnt because some of the files modded are the ones on the mp black list to prevent cheating.