Bugles & Flags XIX

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Bugles and Flags v09

Post by Davinci »

v09 Upgrade...see first post
Reb – Excellent Mod, I’m going to get these into my game as soon as possible.

My, only complaint is that I wish that you would not place the glowing border around the selected flag, for some reason that just annoys me.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

It's default and is a useful cue that the unit is selected. While I don't like it much from a point of view that it breaks the immersion I can see how its useful to players.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Post by Damned Black Hat »

So when do the Yankees get their flags?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Forgive my ignorance but can we have some install instructions please? Does everything just get unzipped to the Mods folder?
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Forgive my ignorance but can we have some install instructions please? Does everything just get unzipped to the Mods folder?
Saddletank is not ignorant....I AM...and not only ignorant but computer illiterate as well. I have downloaded V-9 and it is in my download folder. Next step...well, I rightly do not know! How about a quick 1-2-3-etc. to get installed and usable?

Thanks for your consideration.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

I have downloaded the mod but not tried it yet. But if it is like other mods the steps are:

Unzip the downloaded archive and put the result folder into the mods folder. Then, ingame, mark it with the little yellow square and that´s it!. Working and usable. If you hate it unmark the mod and voilá!

The Mod system of this game is amazing and easy.

---------------

The next step would be, depending the nature of the mod, change the mods in real time, this is, when the battle is running :evil:.
Last edited by Gudadantza on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Sure, it was just that RebBugler has several parts to this mod - toolbar, flags, etc and I wondered if they could be activated separately.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Sure, it was just that RebBugler has several parts to this mod - toolbar, flags, etc and I wondered if they could be activated separately.
It would be great if it could be done.

But I was speaking about simpler mods for now... :) And depending the nature of changes I guess no every mod could be activated desactivated in that way.

Greetings
Last edited by Gudadantza on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Post by Damned Black Hat »

You can remove the parts you don't want to activate and it should still work. ;)
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thanks. My question is how.