Site was hacked

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Site was hacked

Post by Little Powell »

As I'm sure you noticed, the site was hacked late last night. Norb was able to restore everything from backup this morning. Our site is very secure but I guess you can never be too secure against some of these lowlife's with nothing better to do.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Site was hacked

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Piece of shite hacker. String him up. From what I have read about this TigerMate, he is all over the place, and people actually respect this piece of shite.

Anyway, sorry for blowing steam here, but this guy should be hung up by his you know whats.

Good to see the site has returned.

Later.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Swell.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Nothing that he did was damaging. He just replaced some files. It's like someone breaking into your house and not taking anything.

Although of course I am very unhappy about getting hacked. I am glad that it was not someone malicious that wanted to cause a ton of damage. Much more could have been done.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

What I don't understand is first a DOS attack, then a hack. From what I have read about this person he or she is very selective in his/her attacks. So why this site?

Anyway, it is good news that nothing more malicious took place.

Later.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

Makes me wonder if it was the dude doing all the cussing on teamspeak.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I think I found out how they did the hack. One of the modules I was using for registration had been found to have an exploit. I've been working on this all day, trying to get a replacement work. You still can't register though.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

Why the testicle would someone want to hack this place? It ain't like you got databases with hundreds of bank accounts. That god damn hacker/hackette is a penis (polite version).
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

think I finally got the site registration working, had to uninstall and then install a protection module I was using.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

think I finally got the site registration working, had to uninstall and then install a protection module I was using.
Have you noticed that the past several new users are using a five or six letter\ number code, and not a name.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!