Antietam Press Release

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
WriterJWA
Reactions:

Antietam Press Release

Post by WriterJWA »

That's awesome, guys! Can't wait to play it!
"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."

"If you see the President, tell him from me that whatever happens there will be no turning back."

Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, 1864
norb
Reactions:

Re: Antietam Press Release

Post by norb »

Any idea when you might release the change log?

Also, I best get this question out of the way now. Does this addon, or Battle pack require the previous addon to be installed (I have seen this before which is why I am asking)?

Reason for asking for the change log is so I can place it up on my website for advertising.

Later.
It will still be a little while for the changelog, please feel free to use the press release for now. Thanks!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Will do, Thanks.
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

You guys really need to link to the map packs on the http://www.scourgeofwar.com/purchase.shtml page. If someone doesn't go to the Press Release Screen or onto the Forums and just goes to Scourge of War's homepage itself they will never see the map packs. The first place people will look to buy a game is the purchases page, not the forum or press releases. Also I have to think that if you see Map Packs for sale on the purchases page a consumer is more likely to purchase a game that is still clearly being actively developed. The formatting might be a bit odd but it really should be there. Also similarly it should be included on the Download page which is also likely to be the second place people will look.

Just my two cents.
Last edited by Flanyboy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazikainen
Reactions:

Post by Mazikainen »

That's great news, it will definitely make the SOW package a lot meatier. I guessed you'll be doing Antietam, but I wasn't expecting it so soon, excellent! I'll be sure to beat the jungle drums on this one. Will this be the last expansion for the old engine?
Willard
Reactions:

Post by Willard »

Great news!!!

Will there be a patch release concurrent with this addition or will there be new features/updates incorporated in this release???

Additionally, has there been any thought to releasing the CWBR and TC2M maps as well for use with SOW? I know that the maps can't be ported directly from those games to SOW, but I was hoping since the bulk of the work had been previously done on them that it would be much easier to make those maps.

Any chance on a random map generator either?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

You guys really need to link to the map packs on the http://www.scourgeofwar.com/purchase.shtml page. If someone doesn't go to the Press Release Screen or onto the Forums and just goes to Scourge of War's homepage itself they will never see the map packs. The first place people will look to buy a game is the purchases page, not the forum or press releases. Also I have to think that if you see Map Packs for sale on the purchases page a consumer is more likely to purchase a game that is still clearly being actively developed. The formatting might be a bit odd but it really should be there. Also similarly it should be included on the Download page which is also likely to be the second place people will look.

Just my two cents.
Yes we are going to re-design the website soon and the map/battle packs will be much more visible. Thanks.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Great news!!!

Will there be a patch release concurrent with this addition or will there be new features/updates incorporated in this release???

Additionally, has there been any thought to releasing the CWBR and TC2M maps as well for use with SOW? I know that the maps can't be ported directly from those games to SOW, but I was hoping since the bulk of the work had been previously done on them that it would be much easier to make those maps.

Any chance on a random map generator either?
Yes the plan is to have a patch before the release to implement the new performance enhancements.

Yes, there has been talk of everything else you mentioned, but no plans set in stone yet.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Jack "dangerously excited for no reason," O'Neill B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
jri
Reactions:

Post by jri »

While you are adding the Game expansions to the site. How about a link to user MODS. (Those that work with the latest patch.) :)

Thanks
John