Preview

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
GShock
Reactions:

Re:Preview

Post by GShock »

Again, a must should be the secrecy option for ambush and secret, undercover movement. Both the AI and the other player in MP should not be allowed to see the flags, heads or musket/bayonet of regiments travelling with this option on when they are in corns, high grass, woods...etc. The good old method of Gen. Jackson with his Shenandoah Core.

It would be much more interesting in my opinion to organize the MP in a way so that there's not only a possibility to play 1vs1 but also 30 vs 30 battle for example where each player has his bdes committed in a larger picture commanded via courier by the army general player.

Oh i can't wait for this game to come out look at how beautiful the sprites look!
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Excellent Video , fellows.

The Game is really looking good!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

GShock:
What is 'tight Vic'? Do you have a link or more details?
Far as i can tell this video is ffdshow(?) or something and my WMP refuses to play it. It does play the first few seconds and then stops downloading.
Could be my slow dial up might have something to do with this also. IS ffdshow buffered or is it a real time video stream?

Also, everytime i try to play this thing, ffdshow audio and video icons pop up in the status bar with a ton of confusing codec options which i played around with but no luck. This ffdshow is new to me as i never heard of it until unfortunately NOW.
Can anyone here tell me exactly what codecs i need to play this thing AND how does all this interface into WMP which is the only video player on my PC.

I've never ever had so many kinds of problems with any other website. :(
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

How could I have missed this,

the video is great, I REALY liked the smoke effects, much less cartoonie,
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

go to www.download.com and download TIGHT VLC (or simply search for VLC). Not only it's free but also highly popular and u might find it in the homepage too.

Forget codecs, just dl that and you'll be able to see everything, u dont need anything else.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I agree with whoever said this, but the ability not to see a unit in corn until it is blah feet away from you (high corn). Then we need the ability to have them be stunned and not fire right away.
Hancock the Superb
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Thanks for the info GShock!
I'll try downloading that sometime in the next few days. I just hope its not a mega mega file which i'll have to download during the night because of my dialup...and keep my fingers crossed there's no telco dropouts.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

one thing, do you have permition to use the music from the movie, those things are copyrighted, and if the game becomes as succsesfull as we all hope, and you don't have permition you might get sued, even if it's only for a trailer
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

It isn't the exact music. They modded the Gburg music and added some stuff, the music in the movie isn't quite the same.
Hancock the Superb
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Amish John wrote:
The smoke from the artillery should project farther out in front of the artillery piece instead of being a sort of rounded "puff" sphere of smoke (55 seconds into preview video).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3KcWYhS ... re=related
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.