Preview

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Re:Preview

Post by Gunfreak »

Any distrubriation of copyrighted material can lead to fines or even beeing sued, that why you in theory can't show dvds in school unless they are made for it.
it says so in FBI warings before the movie starts.

this goes for CDs to, so if you distriburat the music from a movie, even if it's for free you can get a fine.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Louie Raider wrote:
Amish John wrote:
I looked for any obvious giveaway landmarks, but you guys didn't give much away in that department, as I assume you didn't intend to.
oh, there's unique buildings in there, you just gotta know yer barns :P - i was afraid we were giving away too much info!
There's more obvious landmarks in the screenshots than in the preview video, at least that I could find. We could start a "Name the Landmark" contest.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
69th NYSV
Reactions:

Post by 69th NYSV »

I hear what your saying JC, but I think in a legal sense using someone's copyrighted property to preview your upcoming product would break an infringement threshold. It's basically a commercial for a new product that is going to be sold.

Now if Davinci wanted to use the same music to show of his new mod that he's giving away for free, then I believe you are correct.
Pvt., 4th Texas Infantry, Co. B
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

ok, I must have missed it. where is this video clip at you guys are talking about. I went to the start of this thread and don't see any links :( Help a brother out!! i need the visual!! :P
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

A link to the video was in Norb's first post in this thread, but now the link has been deleted so unless NSD reposts it, we'll have to wait for the next preview video.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I was not informed of the nature of the music when I posted the video. I had assumed that it was original work. I will be more careful in the future and have made sure that everyone on the team understands my position on this. When I receive a copy with music that we can distribute, I will repost.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

norb wrote:
I was not informed of the nature of the music when I posted the video. I had assumed that it was original work. I will be more careful in the future and have made sure that everyone on the team understands my position on this. When I receive a copy with music that we can distribute, I will repost.
Maybe if we just turn down our speakers when playing the video, Ted Turner won't sue you. :P
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

WE WANT OUR VIDEO!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE MUSIC!
Hancock the Superb
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

As probably many of us here i've seen the Gburg movie so many times i lost count. Although i really like most of the music in that movie...IT WAS TOO DAM LOUD during the battle scenes! :angry:

No music during the battle scenes, just the melodious sounds of gunfire and cannon woulda suited me fine.

I'll bet there was NO 100 piece orchestra playing music during Pickett's charge!:blink:
That dam music detracted from the realism of that charge!

IMO that is!:dry:
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Congrats to AJ for his promotion to REGIMENTAL COMMANDER! Number 5 (excluding JC)
Hancock the Superb