Road to Wargram and Peninsular Mod - Updated 1.6

born2see
Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic download link

Post by born2see »

Just tried the GB map and it worked as well. BvB LOS.

G - One thing I did notice is the flags on the map are still ACW. Nit picking I know and maybe something you can't change. But I'm a tester. I can't help myself. :P

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Jack,

No Mods right?

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Nope. It's not happening. Will have to wait and see what Gunship has to say later. Damn. Will be great when we get it running.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

That's too bad. One thing I did notice is when I selected BvB and LOS and loaded the game I had no opposition. The time before it was only a battery of artillery. That just may be a OOB thing. I never play Sandbox.

B
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Gunship

Downloaded mod fired it up have played a few games. Great job. Well done. Love the artillery.

Remus
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

G,

So here it is so far - Downloaded the mod. NP. Installed the entire thing straight into the Mods section. NP. Everything appears to load up fine. Press the space bar and it crashes. The little window comes up and says "SOWGB has stopped working..." etc.

Question - Are we supposed load the folders into other, existing ones, rather than stuff all of it into the Mods section? Also, I am running Windows 7. Could that make a difference?

Jack B)
Hi Jack and Beef Stu, first off what version are you guys running of SoW? Mine is v1.3 as displayed in top left of main menu. Second what does the log file say in your Work folder? Hope that will give some clues as to what is going wrong when you go in game. I am using Vista but i would be surprised if that was the issue.

The mod is self contained and goes straight into the Mod folder, no need to split it up.
Last edited by gunship24 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Just tried the GB map and it worked as well. BvB LOS.

G - One thing I did notice is the flags on the map are still ACW. Nit picking I know and maybe something you can't change. But I'm a tester. I can't help myself. :P

B
Yes, there are several minor things like this around. I wanted to add new splash screens, menu screens, icons, more units, more flags, end battle screens etc. I plan to tie this all up after a little break.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Awesome gunship.. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin. :)
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

All,

Ran the download again and installed to Mods section. Ran it up - no joy. Press space bar and ctd. Damn...
Even rebooted to check. Stock game runs fine. THoughts?

Jack B)
When I unzipped the mod to my desktop, I clicked on the folder and brought up the next folder. The second folder is the one that needs to be put in the mods folder. I had that same problem with another mod before. Try that.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I had no problems using this mod. I just un-rared it to the mods folder and it ran just fine. I do like the fancy dress. :)
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.