New OOB for Napoleonic Wars

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: New OOB for Napoleonic Wars

Post by Jack ONeill »

You Rascal!

Gonna beat me to it, eh? I'll have to come up with another one then, LOL! :laugh:

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Lord Ashram
Reactions:

Post by Lord Ashram »

Alright alright... now get us some Russians and some Brits!:D

BTW, are any of the TC napoleonic graphics the ones being used now?
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Ash,

As of right now, I believe the answer is no.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

Since I am a big fan of cavalry and Marshal Lannes is there any way to create OOBs with large amount of cavalry, horse arty, and small numbers of infantry. Basically vanguard and rearguard actions. Lannes being one of the best vanguard commanders out it would be fun to command such forces as his command at the beginning of Friedland which was mainly cavalry with some infantry.

Also since there are so many create cavalry actions is there a way to create a cavalry division vs cavalry division?

Thanks
LN
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

L24,

Yes, it can be done. Post what you are looking for, (units, sizes, etc.), and it can probably be arranged.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

L24,

For right now, Check out the custom OOB I posted the other day. You can practice your Cavalry handling with either Vukassovich's or Fresnel's Advance Guard Divisions. Fresnel's especially, as it has 6 Battalions, 16 Squadrons and 2 batteries, one of which is a Cav Battery. Enjoy.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

By the way I understand where Nowy is coming from Jack. This is my favorite battle of the whole campaign. I also understand why you did not put the whole divisions for that battle since there were some larger divisions in the 3rd Corps.

However, near the end of the battle of Eckmuhl there were some great cavalry charges of heavy cavalry. Also during the battle the bavarian cavalry charged and counter charged many times the austrian heavy guns which were supported by Austrian cavalry. Also the small battles that the Bavarian divisions fought in the first days of the campaign are a lot of fun small actions. The early 1809 campaign is such a blast and the Bavarians are my favorite army. I will post an OOB of the heavy cavalry battle near the end of Eckmuhl. Probably can just use dragoons as the heavy cavalry for now.

Cheers
LN
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Mmmmmm...Heavy Cavalry Charges...mmmmmm.....(Note - we don't have any Dragoons...yet. However, the Austrian Chevauxleger Light Horse can be Austrian Dragoons if they have White uniforms.)

L24,

I beg to differ - Nowy is hung up on his minutia knowledge of the Period. He has no knowledge of game design and supposes we can just add everything in willy-nilly and Voila - perfect game. Not gonna happen.
Also, I only changed the French Division sizes to make them more flexible. I've used St. Hilaire's full 5 Brigade Division in action. Tough to stand against. Lot of work though. Tough to get them all moving. I will be doing a Modded OOB based on the stock Teugan-Hausen or Maybe Eckmuhl OOBs with additions. Lots or our boys' computers slow down with too many lads on the field (Mine included) :)

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

I designed the OOB posted here exactly for the situation if some lads needed to be removed, you can drop a whole Division on each side and still have LOTS to deal with. Modular and self-contained. Later, I will write a short description of Oudinot's Corps to give some Historical background. It was sort-of a cob-job unit but quite cool when you think about it.

Jack B)

P.S. - So, JC, lead any Cavalry charges yet? :laugh:

"Molon Labe"
Nowy
Reactions:

Post by Nowy »

N,

These OOBs are historically accurate, to the unit. The fact they did not participate in the battle named in irrelevant. Oudinot's Corps only flaw is I based the Battalion strength on an average, not a rank-and-file roster.
Historically accurate OOB, you only did some changes or small improvements here and it can be used on Pennsylvania battlefield. It looks quite funny. A specially when there was mentioned Teugen-Hausen OOB as a start and we can see there adapted Oudinot French II Corps opposite to Bellegarde Austrian I Corps which both were hundred miles faraway.

But really there was not a problem, OOBs are or are not historically accurate.

Mind you I wrote
No thanks, this oob looks too fantasy.
You clearly missed the point.

You do not understand that not everybody must be happy with such fantasy OOB, a specially for playing early stage of Danube campaign 1809.

I appreciate historical accuracy, but it is not so important in the game. Nevertheless some basic facts could be taken into account.

I accept that you sometime disagree with me, but it looks that you can not accept that somebody can disagree with you. That’s all.