The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Eggmuhl_A_2011-12-02.csv is no longer available
The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Eggmuhl_B.csv is no longer available
The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Teugen-Hausen_B.csv is no longer available
The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Teugen-Hausen_E_2011-12-02.csv is no longer available
The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Teugen-Hausen_F.csv is no longer available
The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Teugen-Hausen_G.csv is no longer available
The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Teugen-Hausen_H_2011-12-02.csv is no longer available
All,

Here are some more modded OOBs for y'all to play with. There is something here for everybody, I think.
All the Voltiguer, Jager, and Bavarian Light Infantry units have the longer ranged muskets. The standard Legere and Grenzer units do not.
Oudninot's Corps has no Voltiguer units. You can use the Legere units to skirmish, but they are armed with the standard muskets. Oudinot's Corps, with few exceptions, was thrown together from all sources of the French Army. Most of the main line troops were tied down in Spain and the Emperor needed men now to fight Austria. Most, if not all, of Oudinot's Battalions were the 4th. or "Depot" Battalions of the line regiments, added to with recent conscripts, some Grenedier companies and anything else the Emperor's recruiters could find. They really should be rated as "4's" rather than "6's" but I didn't have the heart to do it. They actually did fight well when in action at the end of Echmuhl, the pursuit to Vienna and at Aspern-Essling. By that time, Grandjean's Division had shown up and the Corps was at full strength.
The list includes the two already posted. I just wasnted them to be all in one place.

Enjoy.

Jack B)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Just a couple of slightly new OOBs for you all. Arnhofen_1 has been modded to rough parity between the two sides.

Tenguen-Hausen_G_1 has a slight mod to add the 2nd. Corps Artillery to the two Infantry Divisions. After playing on the Alpine Map, (loving it), for numerous battles, I realized these tow Divisions needed a little more punch as they tended to be on their own and the Corps Artillery tended to not be nearby. Enjoy!

Okay, lets try this again. There, got it.
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Jack ONeill on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: More Modded OOBs...for now...

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Dammit Jack, your my Hero!!! You beat out Spiderman. :ohmy:
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Jack you are like a machine. I'll give these ago this weekend while I work on some updates.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

From a different thread, here's a question - does anyone know when the Austrain Grenedier Battalions/Brigades were first in action during 1809? As far as I know it was Aspern-Essling but it could be sooner. I just don't have any records right at hand. Thanks.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
kentucky orphan
Reactions:

Post by kentucky orphan »

where's "Nowy" ? he's seems to think he has all the answers.
Nowy
Reactions:

Post by Nowy »

where's "Nowy" ? he's seems to think he has all the answers.
No sir. I do not think that I has all answers.
I stopped posting here because I was little bit disgusted with some stupid quarrels.

But if you like to see answer on Jacks question I could say something.

In spring 1809 campaign Austrian formed two Grenadier Brigades which serviced in:

* I Reserve Armeekorps Prince John Lichtenstein
- Brigade Rohan (grenadiers from line infantry regiments serviced in 1,2,3,4,5 corps)
* II Reserve Armeekorps Kienmayer
- Brigade d’Aspre (grenadiers from line infantry regiments serviced in 6 and 7 corps)

These Grenadiers were used as reserves therefore were rare used as first front line troops.
Nevertheless Austrian Grenadiers really fought hard at Aspern-Essling. They made some actions in spring campaign too.

During some actions called sometime as Battle of Abensberg 20 April 1809 Brigade d’Aspre covered Radetzky retreat on the Siegenburg road. Then they little bit stopped Bavarians under gen. Wrede at Pfeffenhausen and it allowed Archduk Louis V Armekorps retreat on Landshut. There they again made some rear guard actions at suburb Seligenthal - second Battle of Landshut 21 April.

This brigade also was noted in OOB Battle of Neumarkt 23 April 1809. But I do not remember historical data if they really were used in action. I know that there was mentioned Austrian V, VI AK and I RAK which defeated smaller Franco-Bavarian force. There were Bavarian Wrede Division, French Molitor Division and Marulaz Cavalry Division all led by Marshal Bessieres.

Near the same story is about Battle of Ebelsberg 3 May 1809.
Austrian small II RAK lead the march of Hiller’s main bodies forces of the V and VI AK, but I do not remember if Austrian Grenadiers were in action here.

Austrian Grenadier Brigade Rohan from I RAK also made some actions in the spring campaign. During Battles of Teugen-Hausen 19 April and Eckmuhl 20-21 April 1809 they were near that area on defensive position, but Archduke Charles did not decide to use them in action. Then they retreated on Regensburg and later on north bank of Danube river.

There is fine what if question. What could be happen when Archduke Charles sent his Grenadiers in battle action, a specially at Taugen-Hausen. Could they helped defeat Davout’s French III Corps or not?

It looks that Archduke stand in awe, waited for clarity before decisive battle and lost good moment for victory.

Maybe these short remarks do not satisfy you, but it could help in seeking more information.
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

Hey guys, computer has a system32 file is corrupted fun thing coming up so I am not sure if I will be playing for awhile, but I am at work at 5:45 am so here is my response off the top of my head. Two battalions were used at Teugen Hausen to depending who you talk to either counter attack the French flanking manouver through the woods or in the french view more likely to be used as a rearguard to help let the Austrians escape the battle. However, most of the brigade was not used due to what seems Charles believing the battles on his flanks were the main action when indeed he could of destroyed the French if he used the full force of the Grenadiers, but I remember reading in Gills first 1809 book he mentions a officer saying only two grenadier battalions resembling any order during the retreat from the Eckmuhl area. Their strength was really used duriong Aspern-Essling when they were one battalion was pretty much wiped out trying to take the stronghold in Essling from Boudet. Could be wrong on that, but this is all from memory. Their major use as you said Jack was at the larger battles near Vienna.

LN
Last edited by Leatherneck24 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

It is my understanding that they were used first with real effect at Aspern-Essling, which is a safe bet unless you have access to some really good research material. I left them out of the Tuegn-Hausen OOB as I believe none of them were used for the battle, I could be wrong on that but that is my interpretation of which units were actually engaged during that fight and im going on that fact that Archduke Charles had them in reserve some miles away. Perhaps they could be used for a "what if" Tuegn-Hausen OOB.
Last edited by gunship24 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gentlemen,

This is exactly the kind of thing we all want to see here. I appreciate all the replys. As I surmised, from memory, the Grenediers "might" have done something at Echmuhl or Tuegen-Hausen, but probably not.
Yes, the "what-if" concept is always huge with me, as you can see by the many modded OOBs I have done up and posted.

Good scoop!

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

D From Johns Gills 1809 thunder on the danuabe it says on page 197 near the bottom he says near the end of the battle that charles moved up 4 battalions under GM Viktor Prinz Rohan-Guemenee with Stutterheim with four squadrons of Vincent chevaulegers and his cavalry battery to cover the retreat and act as a half hearted last counter attack. Charles accompanied this brigade it says the four battalions were to small to change the fortunes of the battle at hausen. A lone battalion Leiningen advanced towards the treeline to the right of hausen while the three other grenadier battalions deployed in a line in front of hausen. It says battalion Leningen lost 18 men in the sharp encounter. However they still were there with four battalions and if Charles acted earlier they could of attacked much sooner and had maybe a small impact to at least stalemate the battle. So jack maybe put a brigade of them in one of the scenarios on teugen hausen. LN
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!