More Modded OOBs...for now...

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: More Modded OOBs...for now...

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Aspern-Essling.csv is no longer available
All,

Here we go...Aspern-Essling OOB.

Notes: Each side is roughly equal. There are several units we have not seen before. Austrian Grenadiers, More Dragoons in a seperate Cavalry Division, French Young Guard Infantry, (French Line Grenadiers and Line Voltigeurs Standing in for them.)
The Austrians have a few thousand more men, but they outnumbered the French historically anyway. The French are putting just less than half what they had historically in the field. The Austrians, just over a third. Units are drawn from Armies on the Danube 1809, Crisis on the Danube and the Nafziger Orders of Battle. All the units used were actually in the brutal fighting in and around the villages of Aspern and Essling.
I have left out Demonts' French Division of the 2nd. Corps since it never was able to cross the bridges and get to the fighting.
The Austrian's did not list a Korps Artillery Reserve, so I did not put one in. Since the Austrians were divided up into assualt "Columns", I figured they were left behind anyway, as they might have slowed down the attack.

Check it out and enjoy! Feedback is always welcome.

Jack B)
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

More notes:

I realize most people are concentrating on the patch, so no problem here.

I added an Austrian Infantry Division from Hillers' 6th. Korps. They were there and fought along side Bellgardes 1st. Korps.
Also, The Austrian Army was divided into "Columns." This is a throwback to the time before there was an Army corps structure anywhere. They roughly corresponde to Division or Korps, depending the year and size of the army.
Hillers' 6th. Korps was the "1st. Column", Bellgardes' 1st. Korps was the "2nd. Column", etc.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jack - Jumping Topic!

Have you made any OOB's without the cavalry units, I just like playing with the Infantry and Artillery.

Most of the time with 30,000 men per side.

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

DaV,

Easily, my Brother. Just let me know what mix of troops and artillery you want. Also, Division sizes, etc.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Thanks Jack looks good. You can always get rid of the (1) on the name if the battalion isnt split as I was using the (1) and (2) for that purpose, but doesnt really matter how you name them. good job.
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

J , I usually play as the Napoleon forces, probably due to the name recognition due to me having very limited knowledge about the wars and all.

Anything that can break down into says three enemy divisions, and four divisions for the French.

This still allows the AI to move their two larger divisions towards me, while I maneuver three of mine to keep the numbers about even. The AI will usually hold one of them back as a reserve force.

Thanks,

BTW – there is no hurry on this, as the forum seems to be busy with multiple things at this time, new patch, up-coming Antietam, new file constructions, map making just to name the ones that pertinent.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

DaV,

NP.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
wde348
Reactions:

Post by wde348 »

This is a terrific mod project y'all have going.

A (probably silly) question on the OOBs with multiple files. Do I just go ahead and place them in the mod's OOB folder (and replace the original files that overlap)?

Thanks for all your effort!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Wde,

1st - welcome aboard!
2nd - no such thing as a silly question.
3rd - each OOB is a stand-alone OOB. Merely place all the ones you want in the OOB folder of the Nap Mod. They will all be seperate, with some minor differences in each one. Enjoy!
4th - Fight hard for Victory!

Jack

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

I have discovered a minor snag with the Asspern-Essling OOB.

Last night, as I was running a game, this occured - Austrian Dragoons dismounted and opened fire. My suppostion is, as they are Level 7 Morale troops, they are not bound by the NapMod Drills file, which is set up so Cavalry cannot open fire. There is no Level 7 Cavalry text in the Drills file. So, Back to the keyboard. Will puzzle this out. Down the road I don't think we are going to want Cuirassiers, (will be Level 8), riding up and dismounting to open fire when we are expecting a glorious charge to victory.

Now, this change does not seem to have affected the Infantry. French Young Guard and Austrian Grenadiers seem much harder, (as intended), than the Level 6 or 5 infantry, even thought ere is no Level 7 or 8 text in the drills file. So, at least that's okay.

Will advise.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"