More Modded OOBs...for now...

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: More Modded OOBs...for now...

Post by Jack ONeill »

Okay,

Appaerntly I'm doing my complete idiot brain today. I DID NOT upgrade the Austrian Dragoons like I thought. They are still 5's. So, I can't now figure out why they stopped, dismounted and opened fire.
I am going to go back and upgrade them to 7's in a bit here.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

So,

Here it is so far - Austrian Dragoons will be level 6 for now. You can't cut and paste Level 6 and just change the text to level 7. Get a CTD for some reason. Switched them to Level 6 and they work fiine. Actually, level 6 is an upgrade as they were level 5. Also changed their combat stats so they are a little fiercer in combat, as they are supposed to be Heavy Cavalry according to Austrian structure. Will post an edited version after I test it somemore.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

I think I'll delete your quad posting until you learn how to do it properly.
Last edited by ADukes on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

One of the reaons why they dismount is because their alt class is a dismount type. This is the only unit I did dismount sprites for before I found out how to get them to stop dismounting. In unitglobal.csv if you change column C from AUS_DRAGOON_DIS to AUS_DRAGOON then they shouldnt dismount, they might still fire their carbines because in theory they should of auto charged, unless it was against artillery. I had a look at the OOB and the weapons seem correct.

I have changed this for the update so the dismount sprites will disappear.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gun,

Excellent. I did notice the _DIS awhile back but didn't pay any attention to it. Have adjusted both Dragoon lines and will test today. Will report back.

Jack B)

So, ran a quick test. worked perfectly. Took me a minute to realize to just change the 1st. line of Dragoons and not both.

Note to All - As posted, just change the 1st. AUS_DRAGOON line, column C, in unitglobal,not both. You will end up with a mixture of Mounted and Dismaounted Dragoons in the same unit. :laugh:

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
He111
Reactions:

Post by He111 »

Hey Jack,

i played almost all of your OOB`s and i really liked them so far.
Im just wondering if you could do a Infantry heavy OOB with around 35.000 men per side, medium size Artillery and less Cav. Thanks in Advace :)

Cheers
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

He,

Thank you. Yes, would be happy to. Will get to it as soon as I can. Do you have any preferences as to nationalities? I:E: all French or French-Bavarians? Let me know. It is fairly easy to strip out the Cavalry and reset the Guns. Also, Grenadiers, Guard troops, Heavy or Light Cav, etc.

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
He111
Reactions:

Post by He111 »

Hey Jack,

i would love to see a French Army with a small detachmend of Bavarians, like max. a half Division or something. Some Grenadiers and Skirmishers would also fit.
Thank you Jack, really looking forward to this :)
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Jack,

There are new unit types for some of your OOB's here if you wanted to update them.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Indeed My Brother,

I am already busily scribbling away like a Mad Thing. Will post something new in a day or two, work permitting. Perhaps the addition of Saint Sulpices' Cuirassier Division and some Reserve Corps Cuirassiers for the Austrians at Aspern-Essling? BWWAAAAHAAAAHA...!

Jack :laugh: B)

"Molon Labe"