Attach and dettach

Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Attach and dettach

Post by Leatherneck24 »

With Jack new OOBs I decided to mess around and see what I could do. I sent up with vanguard which consisted on Montbrun's Division, Field arty battery, 10eme Legere, and all of St. Hiliares voltiguers. So I detached all the infantry from their division, but is there any way I could attach them to Montbrun divison? Since they are my vanguard their purpose is to find the enemy and either skirmish with them using the volts or to stand up long enough for my other divisons under Morand, Gudin, and Friant arrive in an area around the first contact. Right now it is a lot of clicking and moving because I have to move each unit that is not under Montbrun command to a certain place.

Thanks
LN
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Attach and dettach

Post by Jack ONeill »

LN,

There may be a way to do it. In the orders section on the toolbar there are a couple of buttons for attaching and detaching units. They have little flags on them. I believe they have the ability to attach units to different commanders. I have not done this, but only because I'm lazy. Give it a shot.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Leatherneck24 wrote:
So I detached all the infantry from their division, but is there any way I could attach them to Montbrun divison?
No. It is a bug. That capability is suppose to exist, but units can only be attached to their original parent unit.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

Well then it seems I will just need to learn to bring the Light infantry Brigader general with me then!

Hopefully and I am not sure if it is possible, but if this MOD gets multiplayer the Apline map will be great for searching out the enemy with someone commanding the vanguard on both sides. Then the overall commander issues orders to his corps or division commanders. Now that is what American Conquest Napoleonic game was really missing a map where you can actually travel and issues orders instead of just talking during the game through the sidebar.

LN
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

LN,

Depending on what you want, I can run up a quick OOB for you. Let me know what you wnat and which OOB you are pulling this from. Take maybe an hour, probably less, depending on if I'm right here or not.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

No worries Jack at work tonight I will write down the OOB from Montbrun fight on the far side of the battle at Teugen-Hausen. He was detached and actually was very badly outnumbered but the Austrians were never sure what size force they faced.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Excellent! Another cool OOB. Cna't beat it with a stick. I await your information.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"