Reactions:

Re: Mod update including new sprites

Post by Lord Ashram »

Italy... bah. Make some Russians!:)
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

LOL! Indeed... Maybe just Northern Italy.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I have Russians already from the other game. I even had Voltigeurs and Tirailleurs of the Guard there.

Heres some screenshots of what they look like in the other game. They need to be rendered in high quality like all my new stuff and the flags are much improved now.
http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMinute ... hp?t=12336
Last edited by gunship24 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Russian artillery! Gotta love Russian artillery!
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I took the opportunity to redo some of the voltigeur sprites as they were done some time ago for the other game. I have redone the jacket on the legere voltigeurs and all voltigeurs now have plumes to show off their elite status, much like the grenadiers. Also many march animations have been re-rendered further away so their bayonets can now be seen, they had previously been cut off.
The attachment screen0224.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
screen0224.jpg
screen0224.jpg (357.37 KiB) Viewed 181 times
Last edited by gunship24 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

gunship24 - Hey, how are you doing this work by hand so fast , what type of program are you using?

I would think that it would take months just to do one uniform.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Not by hand Davinci, I would go mad. Its 3d rendering from a model, the only real way to create new units. I also have a load of programs, mostly free that help me in the process like batch renaming and dds conversion. I wrote scripts to render all the sprite sheets for me, then norb changed things so I had to write another one. I leant alot as I went along, in the TC2M days it was very slow, now its very fast.
PANGI
Reactions:

Post by PANGI »

xxx

sorry Leatherneck24

(to all)...i just deleted useless message where im complaining about gaiters
Last edited by PANGI on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSAAAAAR!!!
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

I believe the infantry that gunship used for French line infantry in the post 1812 uniform which has them in the shorter gaiter. The gaiter would be just right below the knee cap and would look like a boot as you said. The light infantry as shown wear the hussar type gaiters made to look like hussar boots as this was the fashion for light infantry and volunteer uniforms. However, even in post 1812 uniform the light infantry wore a uniform very close to the line infantry just in a different color make up and a few other small things.

LN
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

The issue with me is that im not 100% certain on what uniform was when. I try my best and go with whatever I think is correct or what represents the unit the best. Also im working with the contraints of the 3d models I have. As you guys know these wars span a decade where uniforms came and went like fashion. Plumes, gaiters, jackets, shakos, plates, shirts were all changed at some point and several times. As long as it looks fine i'd be happy with that. Most of the models I have are 1812 onwards as that is what the Nappy mod for rome total war concentrated on.

As for the mod update I'm currently working my way through the units I have done and doing packed versions of them. So far ive done over 25,000 individual renders which have compacted into around 50 sprite sheets so far. All the French are done, about 2/3 of the austrians and then the bavarians will be last. Try to at least do 1 unit a day. I'm not sure about adding the italian army right now but i will be doing Cuirassiers for both sides! Cant wait.

I have updated drills on MTGs recommendation and have a nice formation for sandbox which works really well.

Im going to attempt a scenario but based on how difficult it is I might drop it although would like to get some out later if not this time.

Vive l'empereur
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.