Re: Road to Wagram & Peninsular with B&F Toolbar

Grog
Reactions:

Re: Road to Wargram 1809 with B&F Toolbar

Post by Grog »

Thank you Reb for your time and effort.

Gunship has done a fine job, anyway, and his GUI is perfectly OK for the job.

Wish I had the time and skills to help out with the mod.

One thing I did wonder about is, would the engine allow a Nap portraits DDS file to be used? One with a few dozen on each, like the ACW ones used. I could prob help with that.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Well, after checking out the peninsular mod, and wow, great mod, Gunship will undoubtedly be pressed to make this MP compatible (combine the two or make peninsular stand alone)...right now it is not because it depends on Wargram for many files, and there are many like files between them, which block MP hosting. When Gunship makes this move, time permitting and if he opts for combining the two, I'll step up and upgrade the toolbar version to work for both...then it will truly be a Nap Wars toolbar.

Grog, portraits are already set up in both mods, just gotta add pictures and assign the picture numbers to the OOBs. I use Paint.NET with a DDS plug in, all free. Erasing the background from the portraits is the most time consuming thing, and this isn't necessary...can just use as is. Then, feather the edges, resize and copy to the appropriate portrait sheet.

We need more Nap modders, this would be a good start for someone...DO IT, it's like a good deed, even better, feels good to create and share...all modders know this.
But careful, it's highly addictive. :evil:

Edit: If anyone takes on the portraits, mod the peninsular mod portrait files as they have the four flags for both mods set up. I suggest starting with the second row, starting number 0,1. Number is determined by column, row, starting with 0...upper left corner is 0,0. Combine pictures for both mods on this one set of portrait sheets, they will then work which ever way Gunship decides to go, combining, stand alone, or keeping things as is.
Edit Again: Interesting, also making this easier, the way the unitglobal is structured allows for just the included US Portraits files to set both sides on.
I just tested this...learned something new. :)
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hi Reb, sorry youve had problems getting the toolbar running in peninsular mod. Im not sure what the probelm is, could be that for the peninsular mod a new Light Cavalry toolbar was added.

As far as portraits go; i didnt have the time to do so if somones wants to take up the baton I would be glad to support it.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

New Link... is now playable with the Peninsular mod, updated link on first post also. Read the Intro when selected in Modifications for priority order when all three mods are enabled. Since Road to Wargram and the Peninsular mods are separate, this combination is for SP play only.

Gunship

I checked the files out for a possible combining process to ready your two Wargrams for MP play, however, you have many double listings which are confusing me. So, I'll stand down for now. Please note again though, for Peninsular to be played in MP, it must be combined with Road to Wargram, or, redesigned as stand alone.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Thank you, RebBugler,
I for one play the Peninsular mod regularly, so I appreciate you making your toolbar more applicable.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thank you, RebBugler,
I for one play the Peninsular mod regularly, so I appreciate you making your toolbar more applicable.
Great, much appreciated. Feel free to report any inconsistencies from the original as I have striven to include all the features of both Wargram mods, with exception of each's unique main screens of course. Replaced the side 2 charge, Rebel Yell, with the Nap charge and also Nap musket sounds should be heard instead of the SOW version.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

The first Wagram alone does it work, Red?

What are the data to merge for let Peninsular to be stand alone, Gunship?
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The first Wagram alone does it work, Red?
Guess I'm Red, been called worse. :P

Yep, or at least it works for me, first link, first post.

Regarding the question to Gunship, I'm guessing the remainer (I've done five) of the Logistics files must be merged, then move the appropriate graphics files. My toolbar mod does much of this already, so I'm thinking a merge of files would not take long. I'd go ahead and do it, but if Gunship fixes it first, I can just follow his lead in merging my toolbar appropriately in order to maintain his priority's.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

So Red, are you getting interested in fighting with real professional armies instead of the American mob? :laugh: :laugh:
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

>Guess I'm Red, been called worse.

my bad, Red :) you switched from the confederate to Red Army, Tovarishch
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/