Re: Road to Wagram & Peninsular with B&F Toolbar

RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Road to Wargram 1809 with B&F Toolbar

Post by RebBugler »

So Red, are you getting interested in fighting with real professional armies instead of the American mob? :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: Those fancy uniforms sure do make nice targets. :evil:
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I probably wasnt very effecient at removing lots of double entries from file due to time so Road to Wagram and Penninsular overlap each other abit. Some of the toolbar stuff in the Peninsular mod could be transfered to Road to Wagram and then done away with in the Peninsular. I need to check this though.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Reb, is the problem related to the double entries lines in the file or to the sames changed files present in the two mods?
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb, is the problem related to the double entries lines in the file or to the sames changed files present in the two mods?
When merging the files the double entries in many cases may cause errors, or other problems. If the lines are exactly the same maybe not, but if same ID's call different functions on the same page...issues. Every line needs to be checked for duplications, repeated ID's, after merging.

Instructions for moving graphics will also need to be written, probably pretty simple. Best to do this approach as the combined files will be more than a GB, besides, most folks already have both mods, easiest just to tell them how to move stuff, and provide the merged files.
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I probably wasnt very effecient at removing lots of double entries from file due to time so Road to Wagram and Penninsular overlap each other abit. Some of the toolbar stuff in the Peninsular mod could be transfered to Road to Wagram and then done away with in the Peninsular. I need to check this though.
If they just overlap, then these redundancies probably won't cause issues. Still, to be safe, it would be good to clean these up, I don't know, but repeated lines on the same sheet may cause issues. My main concern is that if like ID names call different functions for each mod.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

If they just overlap, then these redundancies probably won't cause issues. Still, to be safe, it would be good to clean these up, I don't know, but repeated lines on the same sheet may cause issues. My main concern is that if like ID names call different functions for each mod.
Adding to what Reb posted, if the game does detect a double entry it will list it in the SOWGB.txt file.

So, always check this file when doing any editing of the csv files.

I will add that I have never known the game to crash with any double entries.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

April 2013 Update...see first post.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Oops, something was amiss with the first link providing files for MP hosting...fixed, please re-download and replace files for the discussed merge process again.

Attention Newcomers...
If you are new to this mod I recommend you try the second link on the first post, or click here for download: Nap_B&F_Toolbar

This configuration is easier to set up, just unzip into the Mods folder, and it will familiarize you with the functions this mod provides without having to merge and replace files. Also, if you are not planning on hosting MP play but like this mod this download is all you need for MP and SP play. Just prioritize this mod below 'Road to Wagram & Peninsular', enable, and you're good to go.

Nap Toolbar Example Brigade Level
The attachment NapToolbarExampleBrigadeLevel.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
NapToolbarExampleBrigadeLevel.jpg
NapToolbarExampleBrigadeLevel.jpg (308.42 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

I followed the instructions and installed it as it says in the readme and it still crashes after all the other files load. I just played with friends MP in a Penisular game where one of them had the toolbar so I know it should work. I tried installing it both as mod separately as well and it didn't show up in my mods list in-game. Very confused but I would like to get this toolbar working so any help is appreciated.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I followed the instructions and installed it as it says in the readme and it still crashes after all the other files load. I just played with friends MP in a Penisular game where one of them had the toolbar so I know it should work. I tried installing it both as mod separately as well and it didn't show up in my mods list in-game. Very confused but I would like to get this toolbar working so any help is appreciated.
It's gotta be something simple like not unzipping since it's not showing up in Modifications once it's in the mod folder...I'm referring to the second stand alone download option, the non hosting version. Please double check this, any folder in Mods will show up in the Modifications window unless it has a period in the name or is compressed.

Thanks for using, or attempting to use the toolbar. Haven't had any recent feedback so wasn't sure my effort here was worth it, that is providing different options to download. Personally, this is the only way I can play the game, with the B&F arsenal giving me an edge with better control. :)
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.