Re: Road to Wagram & Peninsular with B&F Toolbar

RebBugler
Reactions:

Road to Wagram & Peninsular with B&F Toolbar

Post by RebBugler »

Update: April 2013

Files to be combined with Road to Wagram & Peninsular for MP hosting
This first set of files includes all recent file updates within the 'Road to Wagram & Peninsular' mod and the 'Bugles and Flags' toolbar. This first link includes all the files necessary to integrate the Bugles and Flags toolbar into the Road to Wagram & Peninsular Napoleonic mod. Note, this is not in mod form, files will need to be transferred and some files overwritten, read the ReadMe file for specific instructions.

Once integrated with Road to Wagram & Peninsular, this mod can be used stand alone in SP play, and most important, to host MP play. Note: To be clear, these files are to be copied into the 'Road to Wagram & Peninsular' mod. Once copied, this folder is no longer needed and can be stored away.

Nap_Wargram_B&F_Toolbar_Files

Separate mod for non MP hosting
This next link is for the toolbar mod only. It is mod structured so can be unzipped and placed directly in the Mods folder, then enabled to be played along with the Road to Wagram & Peninsular mod. It can then be used in SP and MP (not hosting) play. Note, this mod cannot be used with Road to Wagram & Peninsular while hosting...the integrated version (above) must be used to host MP play.

Nap_B&F_Toolbar

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Submitted December 2011

Gunship24

Your recent expanded toolbar is looking good. However, lots of wasted space.

If you would like to meld some of my Bugles and Flags toolbar functions with your's please feel free. Keeping the icons the same could help folks switch between mods better. Using my set of buttons would save time, rename it to your liking.

For me to feel comfortable on YOUR toolbar, I would need the following functions:

Atcommon
Command Map
TC Officers
Attackmarch
Navigation Arrows
Aattach
Advance Commands
Artillery Advance formations
Getaway
Justrun
Line Hold Formations, preferably split buttons

Anyway, these are the main ones I use that I can recall at this moment. I'd like to do this myself for the forum and of course, my personal play, eventually, if you don't...because you have a fantastic mod going here.

Thanks for all your work, hopefully you'll consider some of these ideas.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update: April 2013
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic Wars mod Toolbar

Post by gunship24 »

Thanks Reb,

I like your toolbar and perhaps I could take that and merge it in with the mod with a few graphic tweaks? I have found doing a new toolbar to be a big task when yours is excellent already I can concentrate on doing other graphics stuff. Let me know what you think, pm or whatever.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Great

PM's should not be necessary, let's make this a community built toolbar...hence this thread. So, FEEDBACK is encouraged here folks. :)

The toughest hurtles will be formations. I have specific formations for advance commands that override the Pathing...these are a must, I use them regularly. Your European formations must remain solid and forefront, so we will probably need new formations to accommodate both.

Looking forward to this co-op venture, but I'm busy with the Antietam release a present.

Thanks
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Excellent sir.

So im thinking I need to strip everything ACW out of the mod I downloaded which was v8. So I have deleted Graphics/Flags, Maps, OOBs and Scenarios since these seem not toolbar related. Thats as far as I got and it still works. I need to find out about the stuff in drills as I require this file heavily for the mod. The ideal situation here is that the toolbar adds to this file and doesnt alter any of the formations I require. Perhaps you can give abit more info on how this file is used to check this or see if this pathing thing can be done. All the other files seem only additions from what I've seen which is perfect.
Last edited by gunship24 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Gunship24, and folks interested in this toolbar

OK, think I've got most of it melded, maybe all...yeah right, like that's gonna happen first time.

Anyway, just piled all my formations on the back end of yours, fixed the line hold formations Nap style, and all the formations appear to work as advertised. The Drills can be cleaned up some day, a lot of my formations were built for specific scenarios and are not used by the toolbar.

-The lvl5 formation 'Order Mixed' is placed on the front half of the Skirmish button
-Fixed the Portraits lvl5 size, it's changed with patch 1.4...log error if incorrect size
-Made the Reb and Yank Charge buttons French and Austrian

Not all files included in this download were changed, just easier to include them than explain what to add and replace. Read the ReadMe upon extracting...simply replacing files.
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I really like it RebBugler, very nice. :)
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Very nice, thanks for the hard work. I got some changes to drills coming up mainly the lvl4 formation for sandbox so the AI really uses cavalry correctly. I'll let you know the changes.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update: December 2012...see first post for new links

Please report any issues or errors so this toolbar will be tested as ready to go when the patch arrives allowing Nap MP play for the first time. :)

Infantry lines should look Nap, characterized by 3 lines, and cavalry by single lines. All Bugles and Flags commands should WAD as with it's present update, plus extras added the last several months. Infantry skirmish formations have been shared or replaced by Nap formations.

Thanks
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

Whenever I try to download this it says application not found after download
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Whenever I try to download this it says application not found after download
You need this file to unzip it, download link...

http://www.7-zip.org/

Assuming this is the problem