Alpine map

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Alpine map

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Thanks to the marvelous Pangi, I decided to use the Alpine map for a battle. It seems flatter then I remembered. It was Great! I haven't been on it in awhile, so it was like new to me. Makes a wonderful "Northern Italy" or "Spain" type of map so we have another decent map to game on. Was the French, advancing thru Northern Italy. Had to have my butt rescued by the Imperial Guard as I was flanked on both ends and driven back on the Guard. They performed flawlessly.

Now, you realize I will have to do an OOB for the French Amry of Italy and the Austrian one too. I'll just leave out the actual Northern Italian troops as we don't have sprites for them.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!...

Jack B)

Note: Dav - I do sleep...just occasionally.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Alpine map

Post by gunship24 »

The alpine map is very good. I had the same idea and was scouting out the map for good locations that fitted the battle fields. There's a nice ravine that fitted the Rolica battle field (Wellington's first penninsula battle). There are many more.
PANGI
Reactions:

Post by PANGI »

i like the map. there are many interesting corners on which battles looks very spectacular. i also like the cavalry map, but its rather american with the fences. gettysburg maps really arent for napoleonic battles (and kansas is too moonscape for my taste... :whistle: ♪♫♪♪♫ )

saved games:
Attachments
Nap-Hohenzollern.rar
(259.09 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Nap-Davoutbattle.rar
(315.88 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by PANGI on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSAAAAAR!!!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Pan,

Yes, was actually looking at the Rolica OOB yesterday. LOL! That, and Vimiero to start with. Have fought 3 solid battles so far on the Alpine map. Going to dive into the Army of Itlay OOB this evening.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"