Not sure if this has something to do wit version 1.4 or the Nap Mod.

Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Not sure if this has something to do wit version 1.4 or the Nap Mod.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I am still in a sandbox battle (nap mod), and I noticed something very interesting happen.

I was given orders to hold a particular position (as always). I started to set my men up for the attack I pretty much new was coming since I was watching a battle across the valley taking placing.

After about 10 minutes or so, I noticed a small regiment with a battery of arty part of another Division walking in retreat toward my position. The blue coats where still quite a distance away from my position which bought these poor guys precious time.

Then the most incredible thing happened. The troops which were retreating saw me, and my men ready to have at it with the enemy, and they fell into position inline on my right flank, and the arty fell into position on my left rear. I took pity on them for being so brave, and I rode over to welcome them to my brigade.

The Blue coats continued to press on toward our position, they didn't know that the very same troops they put a beating on earlier were not finished, and will return the favor.

Once the battle began the arty opened the poor troops who were earlier broken gave a yell I have never heard before, they raised their muskets, and focused, and let lose the very hell they had to endure earlier.

I gave my men the order to open fire, and a the sound of twenty six hundred muskets firing in unison shook the very ground in which we stood upon. The sound of bullets tearing flesh, wood, and dirt filled the air as much as the smoke from their muskets.

A few minutes quickly pass when a bold enemy regiment crossed the road which separated our two sides decided to charge my arty on my left flank which I decidedly put an end to with a charge of my own, which broke their back, and sent then floundering into an adjacent ditch. My men composed themselves, and brought fire down upon them...

The battle is still continuing...The enemy is about to order another attack...I know we will crush these men, and give back what they have given my brethren who were earlier in retreat.

The whole point was to tell you/ask if other regiments can side up with you, and just fall in line like that without even asking?

:)
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Not sure if this has something to do wit version 1.4 or the Nap Mod.

Post by gunship24 »

Thats some interesting behaviour you describe. I think we have norb to thank for that.
Last edited by gunship24 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Thats some interesting behaviour you describe. I think we have norb to thank for that.
It's actually the first time I have ever seen this happen. In the past panicked troops just fled the battlefield to be never heard from again.

All I know is that it is one of my memorable experiences playing this game, and playing your mod. :)
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Haven't seen it yet but will watch for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Haven't seen it yet but will watch for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Jack B)
Hi Jack!

It was interesting to watch. Made me almost think I was playing along side another person instead of the A.I.

:)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.