Purchased Antietam - How do you download?

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Purchased Antietam - How do you download?

Post by FLGibsonJr »

I just purchased a direct download of Antietam along with the CD through Share-it, but there is no instructions or locations on how and where to download it. Can somebody help me here?

Regards,

Gibson
norb
Reactions:

Re: Purchased Antietam - How do you download?

Post by norb »

You receive an email with a link to the download. Make sure you save it, because the link is not forever.
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

I received the first email confirming the purchase, but as of now have not received the 2nd with the download link. I just read that it could take from 4 hours to 24 hours, so I will wait to tomorrow.

Regards,

Gibson
Chris G.
Reactions:

Post by Chris G. »

I would think it would be pretty quick Gib. I received the download link for both Pipe Creek and Antietam within two minutes of my purchase.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We don't control this, so please email their support and take it up there. I agree, it should go out right away.
LoosMoose
Reactions:

Post by LoosMoose »

I just purchased the Antietam map last night. I received an email telling me the purchase had been made. About 20 minutes later, I got the second email that has the link to download the files. I installed the 1.4 patch while I was waiting for the files from Fastspring. SO, I thought I was good to go. I clicked on the link and waited. I was offered RUN or SAVE and chose SAVE... and clicked... the little pieces of paper moved from left to right... and nothing happened. It sat that way for 5 minutes... 10 minutes.. the bar never moved, and nothing apparantly ever downloaded. I have called Fastspring, and they tell you on the recording, that they do NOT offer any technical support for downloading files. They mention that if you leave a message they will get back to you, but that emails are answered much more quickly. I sent them an email along with the invoice etc and copied all the information to them.

So it has been about 8 hours, and I got nothing back from them today. The link to download the files no longer works 20 hours after the purchase. I emailed Norbdev and was told they don't have anything to do with the downloads and to contact Fastspring.

Any thoughts?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

So you no longer have the download link? And if you try it again it doesn't download?
LoosMoose
Reactions:

Post by LoosMoose »

No I still have the link to download, it just never worked. I just got home from the sim and found that Beth from Fastspring had written to me and said she re-set the link, and then directed me to a different link which I followed and whamm-o... the whole thing downloaded in about 10 seconds. SO, it works and everyone is happy. Thanks for prompt answer, now I have to go to bed and hope maybe I can look at it tomorrow evening.

Thanks again,

LL
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Good to hear. Glad that Fastspring was able to get you going. Hope you enjoy the expansion. :)