Just a quick word......

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
pcelt
Reactions:

Just a quick word......

Post by pcelt »

Very early days I know-but I would just like to say at this early stage what an impressive piece of work Antietam seems to be and I should like to express my sincere thanks to Norb and the whole gifted team responsible for this great mod (and I certainly never expected to get at the outset those minimap upgrades and those excellent DRFs --)
Cheers and thanks.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Just a quick word......

Post by RebBugler »

Much Appreciated... :)

This series of DRF's (twenty-eight) are only available with the Antietam Pack, along with the mini maps.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Petrus58
Reactions:

Post by Petrus58 »

Very early days I know-but I would just like to say at this early stage what an impressive piece of work Antietam seems to be and I should like to express my sincere thanks to Norb and the whole gifted team responsible for this great mod (and I certainly never expected to get at the outset those minimap upgrades and those excellent DRFs --)
Cheers and thanks.
Couldn't have put it better my self.
Trilogy
Reactions:

Post by Trilogy »

What's a DRF?

edit: Oops--must be a Dadgum Rebel Flag.
Last edited by Trilogy on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbs
Reactions:

Post by gbs »

So the DRFs are included in the Antietam pack. I play the Rebs and I haven't noticed them yet.
Floyd
Reactions:

Post by Floyd »

Check the "Modifications" and activate the 2 mods.
Last edited by Floyd on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazikainen
Reactions:

Post by Mazikainen »

Excellent stuff. It's really impressive to see the entire battlefield on one playable map. Played the first brigade level scenario in the list where you defend the cornfield. The dawn/dusk function really add to the atmosphere. The scenario was quite balanced as well, as I only just managed to hold on to the objective long enough to get Major victory and had my brigade shot to pieces in the process. As I withdrew (which admittedly I would've done earlier if not for that victory location marker hanging in the air) I saw the louisiana tigers march past me to take my place (and also get shot to pieces).

Jackson responding to the AAR: "To shreds, you say... commendable, very commendable!"
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

The dawn/dusk function really add to the atmosphere.
I have to admit when I started this scenario, it was very eerie seeing my brigade just lying there in the dark, waiting for the eventual onslaught. And then throughout the engagement seeing it turn to light. Very cool effect! I hate to say it that I did not do as well as I was driven from the cornfield and had to defend from a line behind that. Believe ended up with neither side having a victory:(
Last edited by Grim.Reaper on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

The dawn/dusk function really add to the atmosphere.
I have to admit when I started this scenario, it was very eerie seeing my brigade just lying there in the dark, waiting for the eventual onslaught. And then throughout the engagement seeing it turn to light. Very cool effect! I hate to say it that I did not do as well as I was driven from the cornfield and had to defend from a line behind that. Believe ended up with neither side having a victory:(
Give it another shot, you'll get it. You probably got one of the more difficult variants. Most of the time, the Yankees will attack just as they did historically. But occasionally, Doubleday might throw in an extra unit or two to make things a little more interesting/challenging. ;)
Keeler
Reactions:

Post by Keeler »

If you move up to the Cornfield's fence right away, it should be enough of an advantage for you to hold on long enough.

The first time I tried this scenario I knew immediately I had to get to the fence first, but I just sat there in awe and waited too long. One of the Yankee regiments beat me to it and I couldn't push them off quickly enough. Second time I moved up right away and was able to hold. Don't be afraid to shift regiments from the Hagerstown Pike toward the East Woods either.

The scenarios I've played through so far have been well-balanced and inspired, to a degree that it's hard to believe this is the release version.
"Thank God, I thought it was a New York Regiment." - Major J.A. Blair, 2nd Mississippi, upon learning he had surrendered his command to the 6th Wisconsin.

I was not a Wisconsin soldier, and have not been honorably discharged, but at the judgment day I want to be with Wisconsin soldiers. -John Gibbon, responding to a reunion invitation.