Courier orders to chosen unit

oho
Reactions:

Courier orders to chosen unit

Post by oho »

I started again with Antietam and am trying to use couriers much more. Is there a button/order to give orders to the unit that's momentarily chosen (let's say Division 1 if I'm a corps comander) via courier rather than the comon courier message-screen, where I get a list of all units and I have to scroll down to find the 1st division under it's comanders name. That would be nice improvement of a nearly perfect game.
thx
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re: Courier orders to chosen unit

Post by JC Edwards »

Sorry oho.....but why is it that your name reminds me of a "Little Debbie's" snack?! :laugh:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

I started again with Antietam and am trying to use couriers much more. Is there a button/order to give orders to the unit that's momentarily chosen (let's say Division 1 if I'm a corps comander) via courier rather than the comon courier message-screen, where I get a list of all units and I have to scroll down to find the 1st division under it's comanders name. That would be nice improvement of a nearly perfect game.
thx
This is a great question and if doesn't exist would be even a greater feature. I was also trying to play using couriers, but when I was presented the list of units to send a message to, it was sometomes difficult to remember who the message should go. Going to the actual unit and then creating a message to that selected unit would be great, if it is not already in there somehow.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

I also think this is a good question, oho.

It would be a really handy feature if there could be a 'send courier to this Officer/unit' whilst on their unit card or scrolling through the OOB.

The courier screen would come up with the relevant officer/unit already selected or highlighted.

Also, on the courier screen, could there be a way to differentiate the different levels of formation from each other (ie regiment, brigade, division etc) in the OOB. Perhaps with different coloured text or symbols.

Fantastic game fellas, keep up the good work :-)
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

I'm playing with couriers as much as possible and I agree this would be a great feature.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

It would, but unfortunately it didn't make it for this patch. I joined the team too late, so as well as Antietam there were so may other great things to add I'm afraid that one didn't make it.

But never fear - it's on the to-do list.