Map Screens Mod

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Map Screens Mod

Post by Little Powell »

I'm getting the maps loading okay but no text overlay at all. I've downloaded it and installed it twice now... can anyone offer any help please?
Even on the Gettysburg maps? They should have the overlay, but the Antietam and South Mountain one's (and I think Pipe Creek) don't.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

In that case, that aspect is working okay, the text shows on the Gettysburg maps.

I think I've hit another problem but unfortunately don't have a screenshot to show it. The full 5x5m Gettysburg map works ok but when I play in MP on the smaller battlefields I get a large white square the size of the map mod maps but the actual map is loaded only into part of this, appearing top left of this larger white square, so its about the same size as the original maps.

Problem is the MP objective stars overlay is at the large scale which means they sometimes appear off in space in the white border and always never show their correct position on the ground.

I'm running in windowed mode at 1680x1050 and I wonder if that is anything to do with it.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Probably another mod conflict I would think. If it only happens in MP, are you using Garniers GCM?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I am, yes.

Would that affect it? Pity as moist of the MP community uses GCM, it would be great if this map mod were made compatible.
Last edited by Saddletank on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbs
Reactions:

Post by gbs »

Doing this didn't work for me. I'm mean disabling the Antietam Mini Map Mod.

It's working now.
Last edited by gbs on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

I am, yes.

Would that affect it? Pity as moist of the MP community uses GCM, it would be great if this map mod were made compatible.
Only the host needs to be running the GCM mod.
gbs
Reactions:

Post by gbs »

Could I please follow up my earlier post by please requesting anyone else who has installed this very helpful map-mod to just confirm for me whether or not their Antietam mini-maps have location names in place. My Gettysburg mini maps all have location names in place but the Antietam and Pipe Creek maps have no location names apart from the "Objectives" in the battle being fought.
I really need to know whether I have somehow messed up my installation or whether the latter maps are not in fact marked with all the location names as the Gettysburg maps are
Many thanks for any clarification on this
The location names are not on the Antietam or South Mountain maps for this mod.
I'm playing on Pipe Creek and they are not shown there either. Havn't tried Alpine. Is there a reason for this? All the locations are presented to choose from under courier message orders but I have no idea where they are except for a few obvious ones. Kind of a bummer really.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I am, yes.

In that case then, no I'm not RUNNING the GCM mod, only PLAYING it. If that equates to having no mods running, then the thing still doesn't work properly.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Excellent - will have to try this.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I am, yes.

In that case then, no I'm not RUNNING the GCM mod, only PLAYING it. If that equates to having no mods running, then the thing still doesn't work properly.
Just make sure no other mods are enabled which you probably have. If so, it must be something else with your game resolution and a perhaps a graphics card issue.