Map Screens Mod

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Map Screens Mod

Post by Saddletank »

That fixed it, ity must have been another mod. I'll have to switch each one on in turn and see who the culprit is. Thanks for the help guys.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

ADukes - I wonder if you would mind please, taking a look at the maps in this mod again. I had a "map-mismatch" error tonight with the Devil's Den and the Pickett-Pettigrew-Trimble maps while trying to enter an MP game. The game crashed fatally for all players within less than a second, and the logfile threw up that error.

My game was reinstalled on Thursday so nothing should have got corrupted between then and now. Once I turned your mod off I could play MP on the stock maps.

I suspect some road links were fixed in a recent patch and your maps are incompatible with the recent patches.
pcelt
Reactions:

Post by pcelt »

For information re this issue----i have just started 2 sandpit divisional games with V.4_022 and using the modded large maps Devils Den and then PPT and experienced no issues at all.
I am no expert re programming or modding etc but assume this type of additional information might help in pinpointing the source of the problem.
Good luck
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Interesting pcelt - were your games multiplayer or single player? Multiplayer is where it breaks, in our experience.
pcelt
Reactions:

Post by pcelt »

They were single player which seems to suggest the involvement of a factor related to the multiplayer mode
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

That adds up. I can use them fine in single player, and have in the recent past used them in MP. I think it was patch 1.4020 where the problems began.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

All players must have the same mod!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Not true! I have used your mod extensively in MP with the GCM group and never once asked anyone else if they had it! I expect out of dozens of big MP games many didn't.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Is it possible to remove the map legend from the side and increase the map to screen size rather than being reduced?

Thanks

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

Not true! I have used your mod extensively in MP with the GCM group and never once asked anyone else if they had it! I expect out of dozens of big MP games many didn't.
I wasn't previously aware of an absolute need for all MP players to have the same mods, and recent comments from the team suggested to me that they play with different mods when testing MP, without problems.

In addition, as you say, ST, you've played with this mod on GCM without problems.

So, if it works in GCM when enabled by one, some, but surely not all players, is there something about using the GCM launcher / GCM mod that somehow levels the playing field for all players?

I hope this makes sense.
Last edited by Blaugrana on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.