Battle of Chickamauga

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Battle of Chickamuanga

Post by Saddletank »

I was thinking of RTS games actually, of which there is only one that I know of - Histwar. I exclude Total War since it didn't cover Napoleonic Warfare in its title "Napoleon: Total War".
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
rckgunny
Reactions:

Post by rckgunny »

i read someone was playing a different game so i thought i'd tell ppl about a game i've been playing for well over a year now . its called world of tanks , its free to play , you can buy gold, very easy to learn to play . just a mouse and keyboard . 15 tanks against 15 tanks , 2 flags . many maps . no blood no , gore .
just blown up tanks live action . online only. you work your way up to bigger and better tanks . many histoircal and many tanks that were proto types . every tank every built and some from old designs .its has become extremely popular . the whole family can play and many do .
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

I think that Perryville is a good choice; I also think the battle of Monocacy, "the 3rd invasion of the north", under Jubal Early, would be anb interesting choice. My first choice, however, would be for Vicksburg, a campaign that was only touched tangentially in TC2M. I play both TC2M & SOW. & Iam in favor of battles/campaigns that were not well done in TC2M or not touched at all.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

I agree with Chickamunga as a next big step. I also think Chancellorsville would be another great one---lots of opportunities for what-ifs and several maps to work with.
Chancellorsville would be a good idea too; you'd have the Chancellorsville crossroads, Salem Church, and Fredericksburg as map opportunities.
Not to mention The Wilderness (fought just a couple miles west) and Spottsylvania. Just map the whole ten or so mile area, and you can get three major battles in with one big punch. It would also be a huge change tactically for us compared to the largely areas of open terrain and farmland of Gettysburg and Antietam. A great deal of fog of war and generalship by the seat of our worn-out trousers.
Last edited by garyknowz on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

heh heh heh
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jonah
Reactions:

Re: Battle of Chickamauga

Post by Jonah »

Recent changes made by Garnier to the last map release Can't remember the name has given us three maps that have varying levels of woods( the Elpine or whatever its called map)

Large Random Map 1 Less woods
Large Random Map 2 Normal woods ( whateve normal woods means)
Large Random Map 3 More woods( this map provides a huge wooded area with few walls and open fields)

This map makes flanking marches and such amazing and provides massive fog of war issues.

But I must add the real map TheWilderness would be amazing fun to play.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

When I retire I will return to Missionary Ridge to see if this house is for sale.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12 ... oga107.jpg[/img]

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12 ... oga108.jpg
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

When I retire I will return to Missionary Ridge to see if this house is for sale.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12 ... oga107.jpg[/img]

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12 ... oga108.jpg
It looks awesome NY Cavalry !

Great looking house.... I would have no problem moving into that ;)

:)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

You'll need to reposition the artillery.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

You'll need to reposition the artillery.
Nope, thats where the Chattanooga Police department want them when he moves in.