Hardly worth asking

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Re:Hardly worth asking

Post by Hancock the Superb »

That would be interesting, a zoomable map screen.
Hancock the Superb
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
That would be interesting, a zoomable map screen.
I'm not talking about the main battle map or a zoomable map screen. I'm talking about the screen where you choose the battlefield, order of battle, and the unit you will command. The elevator bars in TC2M CMP3 don't have sliders in the bars.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

AJ, you're talking about a menu bar, read my earlier post! For the life of me i can't see why this is such a big issue? I'm sure NSD has got bigger fish to fry at the moment!:dry:
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

ironsight wrote:
AJ, For the life of me i can't see why this is such a big issue? I'm sure NSD has got bigger fish to fry at the moment!:dry:
You are absolutely right. It is certainly not a big issue. If fact, it's probably the smallest issue I've brought up. I was just curious. Sorry if I agravated anyone on these boards. My apologies.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

AJ, after living decades on this planet not much aggravates me these days...except maybe the long downloads and goofy problems i have on this website!:S
Carry on sir! ;)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I disagree with the people getting annoyed with this question. There are common gui elements that are expected in applications. This is so common that I meant to put it in every game that I wrote, but I always ran out of time at the end. I have always been embarassed that it wasn't in. I made sure that I did it in the rewrite. It's a pain to code from scratch, but it is expected and required by any viable gui today. No use getting down on people because they ask certain questions. All questions are welcome. The only stupid question is the one not asked.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Norb Wrote: It's a pain to code from scratch, but it is expected and required by any viable gui today.
I'm not a SW engineer but when some of my past projects required SW to be written and the boss had no SW engineers available, i had to white knuckle it and grind it out myself.
Maybe i did it back arseword but i always started with the gui and filled in the blanks from there. :ohmy:
I'm glad my C coding days are over, i hated writing code because i had to learn it as i went along. It usually took me a lot longer to complete a SW project than it would of for a seasoned SW engineer. The 'C' programming 'bible' was my best friend in those days!:)
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I'm glad I'm not a programmer.
Hancock the Superb