Gattensburg - A Napoleonic Gettysburg

gunship24
Reactions:

Gattensburg - A Napoleonic Gettysburg

Post by gunship24 »

I did something like this in the other game converting a scenario into a one with France vs Russia. I like playing scenario's and while i cant make them I thought i would convert the stock ones into napoleonic ones.

NOTE: You will need the Road to Wagram mod installed for this to work.

Info
These are Napoleonic conversions of the stock scenarios pitting Napoleon against Archduke Charles and set in a fictional battle on the Road to Wagram, the battle of Gattensberg.

Scenario unit names, sprites, weapons, and in some cases unit strength (for cavalry) are changed using the sprites in the main Road to Wagram mod.

The OOB structure remains the same and it has been populated authentically by units in the Wagram OOB and in most cases still retains the same command structure.

Lots of fun!

Link
Day 1&2&3 Scenarios: HERE

Install
Extract the directory to your game Mods folder. It is a self contained mod to run along side the main Road to Wagram mod so you must also have that enabled!

Play
Select the scenarios from User Scenarios under Single Player. They all start with NAP.

Features
- Six Day 1 converted scenarios using the Wagram OOB
- Nine Day 2 converted scenarios
- Converted intro texts and courier messages
- Weapons are replaced with napoleonic types so ranges and strengths are different
- New unit only for the scenarios "Dismounted Chasseurs a Cheval"
- New units and flags for Day 2 - Army of Wurttemberg and Westphalia!
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Gattensburg - A Napoleonic Gettysburg

Post by Jack ONeill »

Outstanding, G!

I'll work a bit on the map modding so it will run smoother, removing pesky fences and such. Sounds great.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

No kidding Jack...

I would love to get all of the scenarios ported over.

:)
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Mike,

Yes, the potential here is fantastic.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Mike,

Yes, the potential here is fantastic.

Jack B)
Sir Jack...your spot on once again. Okay so what do we do to port these babies over? There has to be a way to do this without having to bang our pumpkins against the wall. :)

Also Gunship24, have you made any progress with Garnier's OOB Editor to allow us to create random oobs yet?

I know you guys are busy, but I would like an answer swiftly please because I am bored... :blink:

Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Im porting all the scenario's over. It failry straight forward. All that is required is to edit the master OOB's and to make them more authentic I will have to edit the scenario text and courier messages. I have done the first day OOBs including the alternative Jackson one so far.

Cavalry is the only thing I have to be careful of. Some of the scenario's that involve cavalry cant just be ported as is becuase you end up with hugh regiments of cavalry not suited for the scenario at all. Burford's is a prime example. However I've got that one sorted really as i simply swapped the brigade of ACW cavalry defending the ridge for infantry and made the other brigade which was very spread out smaller in number so it looks like the cavalry is being used for scouting, it works very well.

The units in each Corps are as they appear in each Corp on the Wagram OOB, units are brigaded together as they appear where possible. I have also picked the units to present their skill as best as possible so where there was a strong brigade of Virgina infantry say i swapped those for Grenadiers, where there were poor units they became Grenzer and landwehr etc but there is a lot of variation so there are still poor/average line units and good grenzer units still to make things interesting.

So there are about 3 OOBs to go then im done. You have to play them as User Scenario's although i havent looked into making a map like the stock ones, but that would be cool if i could do that. This will all be an addon zip file that contains all the scenarios from the SDK to extract into the mods folder.
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

What about the ability for Carryover?

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Mike,

My guess is these will be played as "one offs," since they are not part of the SOWGB master game. I'd bet they count as custom scenarios.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Mike,

My guess is these will be played as "one offs," since they are not part of the SOWGB master game. I'd bet they count as custom scenarios.

Jack B)
That's cool...it will be interesting that is for sure, and allot of fun to boot! :huh:

Is there a Timeline Jack?

:silly:
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

M,

Dunno. That would be Gunships dept.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"