Reactions:

Re: Gattensburg - A Napoleonic Gettysburg

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Thanks Jack. :)
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Yep, just User Scenarios at the moment. The other game game could be modded to create whole new carryover scenario and battles. If this is possible in this game then I would like to do that also. Probably do them as user scenrions first.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Cool. So tell me, when is this little nugget going to be released?

:)
PANGI
Reactions:

Post by PANGI »

but the commander's names sounds really strange...why not to place there historical commanders from this campaign (1809)?
Last edited by PANGI on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSAAAAAR!!!
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

They sound strange, but no more for than the ACW people looking in here. Since this is primarily an ACW game its an attempt to bridge the gap somewhat and is intended as fun. I did have the commander names as they were at Wagram, but i had to make up some anyway due to the difference in command structure so i went all out in the end. Once this is done it easy to create an actual Wagram OOB no problem, or as a mod.

At any rate its goimg to take some time to convert all the OOBs, these are big OOBs, and im going to have to import some units from Aspern-Essling at this rate. Im tempted to make some Saxon units just so there are enough french troops for which im stuggling to find an entire Corps at the moment!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

G,

Let me know if I can help in rounding up French troops in a larger OOB for you. I sort of have this down to a Science/Artform now.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

G,

Let me know if I can help in rounding up French troops in a larger OOB for you. I sort of have this down to a Science/Artform now.

Jack B)
Thanks will do, there are lots of Confedrate units that i need changing and theres no way the Wagram OOB is going to fill them all. Im thinking to use Archduke John's army at the moment to fill the void, and the Italiens for the french, though no graphics for them yet. I'll see how it goes.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I've done a bit of a u-turn and went back to using the full OOB with commander names so now its all back to 1809 with Napoleon vs Archduke Charles. I've managed to fit the Wagram OOB into the Day 2 scenario so far with additions, mostly using units that were in the army but not present at Wagram, this includes units from Bavaria and Westphalia Corps, Army of Italy, the Imperial Guard and units from Archduke Johns army. But it all works.

Day1 scenarios are completed. I have edited the courier messages, intro text in the menu and the dead bodies file replacing all ACW with napoleonic. Weapons are replaced with napoleonic ones. Unit sizes remain the same as does experience level and all stats. I went through the whole day 2 OOB first and was careful on selecting units based on expereince but there is still a good mixture.

The only scenario significantly changed was Buford's. Here i replaced his cavalry with one brigade of light cavalry (but unit sizes at 1/3) and a brigade of dismounted Chasseurs (new sprites). I played it about 5 times it i get a comparable score to the ACW version, though it depends on the variant.

So Day 1 Looks like this:

GB01-July1-The Boys Got Their Dander Up (U-Cav Div)
ACW: Brig. Gen. John Buford, commanding elements of First Cavalry Division, Army of the Potomac
NAP: Général de Division Lasalle, commanding elements of Lasalle's Light Cavalry Division / IV Corps Cavalry, L'Armée d'Allemagne

GB02-July1-McPherson's Ridge (C-Div)
ACW: Maj. Gen. Harry Heth, commanding elements of Second Division, Third Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
NAP: Feldmarschalleutnant (FML) Saint Julien, commanding elements of Division Saint Julien, Third Korps, Armee v. Osterreich

GB03-July1-Blood In The Run (U-Brig)
ACW: Brig. Gen. Solomon Meredith, commanding 1st Brigade, 1st Division, I Corps, Army of the Potomac
NAP: Général de Brigade (GdB) Lacour, commanding Brigade Lacour, 1è Division, III Corps, L'Armée d'Allemagne

GB04-July1-A Storm of Lead and Iron (C-Div)
ACW: Maj. Gen. Robert E. Rodes, commanding Rodes's Division, Second Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
NAP: Feldmarschalleutnant (FML) von Brady, commanding Division Brady, II Korps detachment, Armee v. Osterreich

GB05-July1-The Bullet Is Not Molded Which Is To Kill Me (U-Corps)
ACW: Maj. Gen. Carl Schurz, commanding Eleventh Corps, Army of the Potomac
NAP: Général de Division (GdD) Molitor, commanding IV Corps, L'Armée d'Allemagne
With a Bavarian division.

GB06-July1-Three Times Is Not A Charm (C-Corps)
ACW: Lieut. Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, commanding Second Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
NAP: Archduke Thomäs J. Jackson, commanding III Korps, Armee v. Osterreich
This one is a made-up commander becuase I couldnt think of any Austrian commander to fill his shoes.

There are a number of made up commanders due to the difference in OOB structure, almost all the batteries are fictional except the Bavarian's as are a few division commanders.

It will be ready by Sunday since im away for the weekend. It's going to be a seperate mod. Its only playable as User Scenarios at the moment. Once they are all done I will see about adding a new screen for them :).
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Link to the Day 1 Napoleonic conversion scenarios:

http://www.mediafire.com/?apybe2ud1es7hgs

Its a sperate self contained mod so enable like the other one and doesnt overwirte anything. Must have Road to Wagram enabled also or it will crash. To play select each scenario from "User Scenarios" under single player. Lots of fun! :)

Features:
- Six Day 1 converted scenarios using the Wagram OOB
- Converted intro texts and courier messages
- Weapons are replaced with napoleonic types so ranges and strengths are different
- New unit only for the scenarios "Dismounted Chasseurs a Cheval"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Simply mind blowing, and kick in the rear end experience...

Thanks Gunship! :)