Antietam road marching

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Antietam road marching

Post by Beef Stu »

I don't have any screen shots yet but there are certain roads on the morning and afternoon map that units refuse to march down. Anyone else come across this or is it suppose to be like that?
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Antietam road marching

Post by Davinci »

I don't have any screen shots yet but there are certain roads on the morning and afternoon map that units refuse to march down. Anyone else come across this or is it suppose to be like that?
When you have time, take a Screenshot of them on the JumpMap - and then cicle the ones that you are speaking of, I'll take a look at that section of roads.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I found one road on the Antietam map that has a break in its center. It is north of Sharpsburg and not very out by some woods.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

To find it, do the Hooker scenario, and march Meade's supply wagon towards Seymour, then click follow roads. The wagon will not do it. I'm not exactly sure where the road is bad, but somewhere along that section.
Hancock the Superb
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

These are some large maps with at least 100,000 road pixels if not more.

I need a picture of that particular area, so as to just concentrate there, and then work around to the other areas.

davinci
Mazikainen
Reactions:

Post by Mazikainen »

I caught one yesterday. In AN08, when you order the artillery batteries coming in from the rear to come to the cornfield, they take a looooong detour half way across the map. I didn't notice this until it was too late to get artillery support in time, but I was able to get major victory anyway. I suppose it's part of the battlefield confusion ;)

I took a couple of holiday snapshots but I'm afraid I can't give you better directions. Check the eye icon on the map. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Picasa made the images awful small. You can get a zoomed in picture with proper resolution here:
link
Last edited by Mazikainen on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I dont know about the roads but I see a supply wagon icon in the top left corner, is there a wagon missing starting co-ordinates?
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I took a couple of holiday snapshots but I'm afraid I can't give you better directions. Check the eye icon on the map. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I’ll take a look at the roads.
I dont know about the roads but I see a supply wagon icon in the top left corner, is there a wagon missing starting co-ordinates?
That is usually a good indicator that the roads do have a problem, but that can also be an indicator that a formation is messed up.

davinci
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

There is a road-error locate here that I have found at coordinates 2088,2629 .

Basically the blue-line is a road, and the red-circle shows where they do-not-connect.
The attachment roaderror1.jpg is no longer available
davinci
Attachments
roaderror1.jpg
roaderror1.jpg (48.55 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

yeah Davinci, thats the one i'm talking about. sorry didn't have time to find it . Thank you

there's also a road due north of that. it runs next to and mostly in a creek. believe it runs northwest to southeast nothing will go near that road either.

edit: figured out how to do it finally.the road can be found facing west from the courser in the second image.

[attachment]screen0006.bmp[/attachment]

[attachment]screen0007.bmp[/attachment]
Last edited by Beef Stu on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.