Gaming Laptop

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Gaming Laptop

Post by SouthernSteel »

Alright guys - suggest me a solid gaming laptop with good reliability and good battery life for under $1000. Go!
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Re: Gaming Laptop

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Laptop............no forget that, they run too hot!
Get an all in one like the Acer Aspire Z5610 :)
There will always be a counter argument!
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Alas, I am going to be out in CA for a while training (also NV and where ever else) and then deployed toi Afghanistan for the forseeable future, so my new desktop gaming rig will have to sit unused for a while :unsure:

Still gotta get my gaming time in though.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Deployed??????? We are supposed to be coming home. rearguard action really has to suck.
Turbotay
Reactions:

Post by Turbotay »

He's gonna be a contractor, so his job is slightly different than the military guys.

Also,I can't suggest a gaming laptop for less than $1000. My Alienware was just over $2000 back in '09, but it's still rocking along. Will play most newer games still... might have to turn down some settings, but its expected on a laptop. But, if you're gonna be making the big non-taxed contractor money, pony up for a big boy laptop.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I have been very happy with my ASUS Republic of Gamers Laptop. i5 Processor, 4 Gigs of ram (soon to be 8), huge harddrive, Nvidia 1GB card... It's a work horse, and got a great deal on it via Amazon.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

LP - Can you give me a Model # for your laptop?

Thanks,

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

LP - Can you give me a Model # for your laptop?

Thanks,

B
Or failing that give me your one :D
There will always be a counter argument!
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Even better! :P

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

Well I'm not sure I want to shell out anything like $2K for a laptop, especially when I don't know that I will even be using it for more than a year. I might go $1200, but when I'm home this machine I'm on will be my go-to, so...
Jefferson Davis, 1861