Stuff I'm Working on

gunship24
Reactions:

Stuff I'm Working on

Post by gunship24 »

Time for an update:

Gattensberg mod Day 2 scenarios
I am currently working on the Battle of Gattensberg Day 2 sccenario's. If you missed Day 1 they are available in the main mod thread and recommend checking them out. I have two scenario's left on Day 2 to complete. I have been researching all the commander names to populate the OOB with first names and i will go back and do that for Day 1 also.

Scaling bug fix
I have noticed a scaling descrepency with some of the sprite animations and it has been fixed. No more giant Bavarians! This will be a patch.

New Units
There will be new units added to the main mod, the kingdom of Württemberg has arrived! This formed Napoleon's 8th Corps during 1809. It fought at several engagments during the campaign but was left at Vienna and did not fight at Wagram. It does however make an appearence for the battle of Gattensberg mod. New sprites for Fusilier, Light, Jager, Artillery and Commanders. There will also be new flags. This will be a patch.

Redcoats
Also in the making are the British sprites for my Penninsula mod. I enjoyed reading Wellington's dispatches recently and wanted to move this mod forward. Not sure when it will be ready though but the amount of sprites required is far less that the 1809 mod. Stay tuned!

New OOBs
I have recently been playing John Tiller's Campaign Eckmuhl. There are some good OOBs in there so will be creating some based on his excellent work.

So more coming. Hope you are enjoying the mod.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Stuff I'm Working on

Post by Davinci »

Excellent News gunship - your Mod is really a great addition to the game.

Also - it should keep Jack [ busy with making some more OOB's .

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Huzzah for the Peninsula Campaign!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

And please keep pestering Norb to allow the mod to run in MP. If we had an MP Napoleonic game, NorbSoft would be able to take over the world as there would be a huge European gaming market for it, especially as it's near-rival, Histwar, has some unfortunately clunky features.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Indeed. I stand ready to create OOBs as soon as there are sprites.

Yes, Hurrah for the Peninsula Campaign!!

Tank - Yes. if we had MP for the Nap Mod, Norb could indeed run dangerously amok in the European Community. It's not perfect, but I think it really is better than HistWar.

Of course, the NEXT Mod must be for the 18th. Century - Austrian Succession, Spanish Succession and the 7 years War. This game engine would work perfectly for that period. (I confess I have been playing Alessillo's TC2M Frederick the Great Mod on my work comp. Really fun. Also, it won't run anything else.)

Jack "...until you see the whites of their eyes..." O'Neill B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Davinci, cant wait for the maps you got going there. From the pics they look awesome and a great addition to the game.

A nap MP game would be awesome. That would add to the mod 10 fold. Hopefully it will happen. Just need the rules on files relaxed and it is doable.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Davinci, cant wait for the maps you got going there. From the pics they look awesome and a great addition to the game.

A nap MP game would be awesome. That would add to the mod 10 fold. Hopefully it will happen. Just need the rules on files relaxed and it is doable.
That would be great, and also might open up more sales for the basic game. Some of our kriegsspiel group are more interested in Napoleonics than ACW for example, and would buy the game if it gave them access to MP Napoleonics. They are not untypical of many Europeans in that regard I think.

Martin
A.S. Johnston
Reactions:

Post by A.S. Johnston »

And some Americans as well. I didn't paint and play 15 mm ACW figures for nearly 20 years, I tell you!! ;) But, to be fair, in table top gaming there really is not a lot of difference between the two, even though they are technically two different eras with genuine and important weapons differences, not to mention railroads etc for strategic purposes.
Last edited by A.S. Johnston on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: qualification of my remarks
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Hi Ike... well... there's one school of thought that says the ACW is very close to Napoleonic warfare in all practical matters. Much closer to it that it is to, say, the Franco-Prussian War of just five years later, though that is very off-topic for this thread. I'd welcome discussion on that in the history thread though. ;)
Of course, the NEXT Mod must be for the 18th. Century - Austrian Succession, Spanish Succession and the 7 years War. This game engine would work perfectly for that period.
OMG yes! My favourite period opf warfare and where my wargaming roots sprang from 40 years ago with Chaarles Grants rules.

I agree the style and pacing of SoW would suit Frederican battles very well, and the uniforms and flags are stunning.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tank,

OMG!!! You know Charles Grant Rules??? WOW! He was my hero! I did two whole armies, (Age of Marlbourgh - Franco-Bavarian and British-Allied), some 30 years ago, based on his stuff. I still have his great book "The Wargame," among others. Outstanding!
Seriously, if you want some good 18th. Century warfare, get over to the TC2M site and hunt down Alessillo's Frederick the Great Mod. Most of it is still available for download and is really fun. He did a great job on the sprites. The only thing I can't find is the Bavarians. The updates are a little tricky and there is some editing involved, but nothing any of us can't handle.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"