Stuff I'm Working on

Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Stuff I'm Working on

Post by Saddletank »

Ha :laugh:

Yeah, this file is modifiable, however there's just one file, so you'll have to decide which European country will supply your mercenary officers. :P
Hehehe, you could get some unusual officers if you mixed French and German names: Klaus du Perpignon, or Eduard von Staffelbach ;)

@ Reb - methinks Norb and the boys need to think outside the box a bit more for future modders and provide things like officerlistarmy1 and officerlistarmy2, etc.

(maybe even list3 and list4 if someone wants to make a mod where British and French troops fight alongside the Rebs!)
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Ha :laugh:

Yeah, this file is modifiable, however there's just one file, so you'll have to decide which European country will supply your mercenary officers. :P
Hehehe, you could get some unusual officers if you mixed French and German names: Klaus du Perpignon, or Eduard von Staffelbach ;)

@ Reb - methinks Norb and the boys need to think outside the box a bit more for future modders and provide things like officerlistarmy1 and officerlistarmy2, etc.

(maybe even list3 and list4 if someone wants to make a mod where British and French troops fight alongside the Rebs!)
I was thinking the exact same thing! The game is designed to pull names for a file. I dont see this being a major change in the code to look for a certain file depending on which side the officer just died on, im no designer though. From making this mod i have a list of items that would give better flexibilty to both modders and to the stock game. I'll add this to it, and wasnt to pass it on to somone. I know most of it probably cant be done but you never know :).
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Hey Gunship24

Fantastic work on this mod and looking forward to the other nations inclusion B) - In the mean time I just wondered if there is there a Battle of Marango(1800)OOB out there as I would look to give it a whirl
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
He111
Reactions:

Post by He111 »

Hey gunship,

as always - wonderfull work with the small update. I really want to thank you for putting so much work into this mod. If you need anything translated into german, just PM me its my natural language.
I think im going to play another round now :)

Cheers
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Thanks Zeke, and He111 for the offer, glad to know theres some help out there :).

No new update today :(.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I just noticed that the two posts above yours Gunship, were from WW2 combat aircraft. And then you're a gunship... strange world thus internetty thing.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

hehe that is spooky B) .

I have added a British wagon and Driver Corps, which basically look like light dragoons pre 1812. The units i have done now are:

British - Mounted General and Officers, Foot artillery, horse artillery, Light Dragoons (2 uniform types), Light Infantry, Line Infantry (2 uniform types with white and brown trousers), Driver Corps, 95th Rifles, Highland infantry (with kilt), KGL light infantry.

Spanish - Line Infantry

Portuguese - Line Infantry, Cacadores (light infantry)

French - Vistula Uhlans, Swiss Infantry

There are also approx 20 new flag. So almost done. A few more unit types to do. If anyone knows of any unit unit used in the later years of the war that isnt represented feel free to say, im sure theres many ive missed, e.g Brunswick Oels maybe?
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

oi boss!
if im seeing highland infantry,do that mean we need period pipe music?
if yes,im on it! cheers
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

KGL heavy dragoons would be my vote. Or British line inf in grey trousers for variation (since any OOB will have a lot of them).

Is your Spanish infantry unit an early or late war one? Late war Wellington used a couple of formations that became fairly profiient as the campaign moved up into the Pyrenees (Morillo's Division for example). These had the late style uniform that used a stovepipe style shako.

If your Spanish inf is already the late war type then I would ask for an early war Spanish inf unit in bicornes or even a Grenadier unit with those spectacular cloth-backed grenadier caps.

Just one Spanish troop type isn't very much use. You are better off doing none or several.

Early Spanish (such as were at Talavera):

Image Image Image

Late Spanish:

Grenadiers:

Image Image

Or how about a Spanish guerilla figure (or several!):

ImageImage

Spanish Carabineros:

ImageImage

Also... here's a real problem for the sprite count!

Battalion of Clavijo (Third Volunteers of Leon) Battle of Medina de Ríoseco 1808. I seriously love that picture!
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

scratch my comment above,found some stuff i recorded back in the '80s.
dont listen to it if your near anyone you dislike,you'll end up thumping 'em!
i'll put it on micks site tomorrow. cheers
edit; just looked at that bottom picture,saddletank.
thats brilliant!do you know any story to it? cheers
Last edited by redcoat on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.