AN7/14 carryover

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Jolly
Reactions:

Re: AN7/14 carryover

Post by Jolly »

Thanks RB, I'll do just that. Working my way through AN08 atm. I'm really enjoying going through all of the scenarios, great work!
Last edited by Jolly on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Just on this matter again - I've worked through the other great scenario challenges and arrived now at the AN14 scenario, which is blocked, as mentioned before. Thinking I could fix it as RB suggests with the added lines.
But, I have no Antietam scenario ini files, presumably they would come from the SDK 1.4 install, which I tried, but although it says SDK 1.4 BETA, it installs the older 1.3 version, with no Antietam support.
So no Ant scenario.ini files to work with.

I wonder if I've missed something somewhere?

Last edited by Jolly on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I wonder if I've missed something somewhere?...because I assumed you had access to all the Antietam scenario files once you installed it. If I attach the corrected scenario.ini file here, will that help? Or, do you need all the scenario files?...which, could be an issue. Sorry, I just don't know what was included in the Antietam install, hopefully LP can clarify, he built the installer.

Thanks again for your patience with this matter...
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

thanks for the quick response RB, It's no problem regarding the scenario, it's by no means essential as far as jumping over to the next scenario - I can't help but think though it would have been nice to have had a 2nd Mannasess type battle scenario structure, which I thought was a fantastic challenge that gave the single player a huge incentive to 'win', so I feel something has been lost there, it was a good thing!

I guess I digressed a touch there, I know its not easy. :)
Last edited by Jolly on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hopefully a fix, it tested out good by me but not sure how the public version will behave. It's a mod fix, unzip and place in Mods folder and ingame activate. Or, you can just copy the scenarios folder and place it in the Antietam CSA Flags mod, if you use it regularly.

The attachment AN07CarryoverPatch.zip is no longer available
Attachments
AN07CarryoverPatch.zip
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I can't help but think though it would have been nice to have had a 2nd Mannasess type battle scenario structure, which I thought was a fantastic challenge that gave the single player a huge incentive to 'win', so I feel something has been lost there, it was a good thing!

I guess I digressed a touch there, I know its not easy.
By scenario structure, are you referring to more carryover situations? Let your preferences be known, future SOW scenario structures are not set in stone, and will evolve accordingly, but always historically, with the cooler heads among this forum. ;)
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Thanks for the fix RB, worked fine. I revisited the AN7 scenario, got a slightly less score but enough to carryover to AN14, which works fine now - first attempt got a 3123 score, so a bit to go on it as yet. :)

Thanks again

David

ps, gonna have a think about what you say regarding SOW structures as far as any suggestions go, certainly linked/carryovers are in there ;)
Last edited by Jolly on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.