basic questions on HITS

mantrain
Reactions:

basic questions on HITS

Post by mantrain »

I love the courier system, and wouldn't mind being constrained to play under those rules.

is this feature only available on grognard?

Does it affect anything else in terms of handicapping the AI? Or, does the AI get some advantages on grognard level?

I did not find a complete description of the various difficulty settings in the manual. is there a link for one?

Is HITS synonymous with grognard level?
thanks!
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Re: basic questions on HITS

Post by Beef Stu »

you can send couriers at any difficulty level. just click on the send courier order and compose.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

i dont have a link to hand, but at anything above normal the Ai get a unit strength bonus and you get a morale penalty.

the best difficulty level is custom, because you can set evertything to your liking there.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

I love the courier system, and wouldn't mind being constrained to play under those rules.
Con20or's beaten me to it: set your difficulty level to custom and then you can set almost everything how you want.

If you want to play 'constrained' by HITS & Couriers, set your Couriers at 'Brigade level and above' and set your max camera distance at 10 yard (btw, if you like 10 yards, you'll love 2 yards - there is a way to do that too).

Once you've got these settings, your camera is pretty much tied to you, so you have to gallop around the field to get a good view of the troops you want to order.

Any orders you give, using any method, will be taken by courier. The exceptions are:
change facing (direction) - this happens 'by magic'
orders to units within shouting distance - they hear you shout out the order and don't get a courier

HTH
Last edited by Blaugrana on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Con20or wrote:
but at anything above normal the Ai get a unit strength bonus and you get a morale penalty.
the best difficulty level is custom, because you can set everything to your liking there.
Actually on historic difficulty, the AI gets no advantage. But the player is glued to the saddle and couriers are set to division and above. Also the map is bare. On the grognard setting I believe, the AI gets bonuses. For SP play I almost always use the historic setting.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Con20or wrote:
but at anything above normal the Ai get a unit strength bonus and you get a morale penalty.
the best difficulty level is custom, because you can set everything to your liking there.
Actually on historic difficulty, the AI gets no advantage. But the player is glued to the saddle and couriers are set to division and above. Also the map is bare. On the grognard setting I believe, the AI gets bonuses. For SP play I almost always use the historic setting.
Sorry you're right - i forgot about historic.