Recording from Start to Finish...

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Recording from Start to Finish...

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I'm bored so I thought I would try something that I don't think has been done yet (I could very well be wrong though), and that is record my progress from start to finish all the in-game Scenarios for SOW.

I'll be starting later today. The only thing that I have to decide on is do I record, and upload to you tube, or do I transmit it live using Procaster, and have it stored on my live stream account.

The benefits of using live stream is I don't have to convert the recorded video, and upload it to you tube that could take ages to do. Anyway once I start I'll post here to let you know of my decision.

Just a Note: You will finally see how full of crap I am...

:)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Recording from Start to Finish...

Okay, I am going to start broadcasting live (also will record for suture reference) my first battle for SOWgb scenarios.

Battle: Blood in the Run

You can watch live at two address

Live Stream Direct: http://www.livestream.com/mikesla
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Live-V ... 2371818162

Now watch how I get my rear end handed to me.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

My Final Score was 4708.

I think I could have done better though.

If you didn't catch the battle live you can view it at the link below.

http://www.livestream.com/mikesla/video ... m=ui-thumb

Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I watched the last battle you put up. It has been so long since I had the Goodyear blimp view, that I was very disoriented at first. Amazing how quickly one gets used to a certain perspective. I thought you did a great job managing your battle. You fought it in very much a 19th century fashion. You spread your regiments out and avoided bunching them up so they were able to efficiently maneuver. This also stretched the enemy out so he could not keep any regiments in reserve. Always keeping one regiment in reserve and cycling out a tired unit for a more rested one shows that you are quite experienced in managing a brigade. I say this because I've seen how some really good brigade commanders manage their men in MP games and this is what they always do. All in all, this is a victory of which you can be proud.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I watched the last battle you put up. It has been so long since I had the Goodyear blimp view, that I was very disoriented at first. Amazing how quickly one gets used to a certain perspective. I thought you did a great job managing your battle. You fought it in very much a 19th century fashion. You spread your regiments out and avoided bunching them up so they were able to efficiently maneuver. This also stretched the enemy out so he could not keep any regiments in reserve. Always keeping one regiment in reserve and cycling out a tired unit for a more rested one shows that you are quite experienced in managing a brigade. I say this because I've seen how some really good brigade commanders manage their men in MP games and this is what they always do. All in all, this is a victory of which you can be proud.
Thanks MTG. I found working with Brigades far easier to manage (numbers). The later scenario's will be much more difficult since some will be Corp level which I am quite frankly horrible at.

Yep the good year blimp I'm afraid is a curse that carried over from my RTS days, I just can't shake it. I have tried playing sitting in the saddle, and I just got more confused as the battle progressed which would then have me spout a string of obscenities at my monitor.

Thanks again MTG.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

What are you using to record with I have tried traps but can never get more than a few seconds of video
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

What are you using to record with I have tried traps but can never get more than a few seconds of video
I am using fraps. If you are using the unregistered version you will only be able to record for a few seconds.

The price is very reasonable if you are going to be recording full-time.
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

Thanks
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Thanks
Anytime.

Also take a look at Livestream Procaster. this has the ability to record locally, and stream live if you are at all interested.

Just sign up for a free account (has limits of course).

Here is my link so you can check it out to see if this will work for you: http://www.livestream.com/mikesla

Procaster Download Link: http://new.livestream.com/broadcast-live/encoder